Sign in to follow this  
zep81

Vince McMahon forms and funds Alpha Entertainment: Possible XFL Revival

Is there a highlights show anywhere, something akin to MOTD that I can catch up on the first week? I'm curious as to whether it's worth a look for week 2. 

8 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Is there a highlights show anywhere, something akin to MOTD that I can catch up on the first week? I'm curious as to whether it's worth a look for week 2. 

There is a Week 1 highlights on YouTube. There are highlights of all the games and a "Best plays of the week" package as well. 

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed these initial 2 match weeks. As it stands, the Roughnecks are standing out as the force to be reckoned with. The Defenders are also looking pretty solid. They face each other in week 7, should be a great battle if both teams continue their dominance.

The heel turn of Matt McGloin has been beautiful. In the space of two weeks to go from inspirational hero to petulant zero is quite something.

What's he done?

I saw a bit of the XFL yesterday. There was an interception. The returner took his helmet off to celebrate and got his team a 15 yard penalty. Possession gained, but field position lost. He was immediately interviewed on the side-lines. No mention of the penalty was made. Which came across a little weird.

3 hours ago, BigJag said:

What's he done?

I saw a bit of the XFL yesterday. There was an interception. The returner took his helmet off to celebrate and got his team a 15 yard penalty. Possession gained, but field position lost. He was immediately interviewed on the side-lines. No mention of the penalty was made. Which came across a little weird.

He was talking smack about his coaching team, essentially. The interviewer asked him what needed to change for the 2nd half and he basically said "Everything needs to change" but it was more directed at the coaching. 

That 15yd penalty was because he removed his helmet AND threw the ball into the crowd. I'm not sure the removal of the helmet was the reason for the penalty, because Houston WR Phillips took his off to celebrate each of his 3 TDs last night. 

What I am noticing is that some players just don't want to be interviewed, and make it very clear. Some do, and clearly enjoy it, but I think they might tone down the interviews. I think they should just get a list of guys who are happy to be interviewed and only bother them.

Edited by iPumaPants

Wonder how this will affect the XFL attendances going forward? It's unlikely that this sort of eventuality was planned for.

Vince should count himself lucky it's only a regular game. He'd be mighty pissed off if his biggest event of the year was coming up in the next few weeks.