Jump to content

Star Wars Thread - Spoilers, yo.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All the Jabba's Palace stuff is by far my favourite Star Wars. It's so evocative and nostalgic, filled with weird puppets and colourful background freaks, all gloriously sleazy. The Jabba sections are

Luke was a farmer not an ace pilot. He had never even been in a space battle before. He was a natural pilot and able to hit a minuscule target without his aiming system because he's strong in the forc

Finally got to see it today, and for the most part enjoyed it.  I wasn't keen on having Palpatine return as he's had his slot, but with Snoke getting future endeavoured it's too late in the game

Posted Images

Quick one: I've just remembered that I have boxed Star Wars Micro Machines. They're gold and there's 3 of them (I want to say X Wing, TIE and Falcon but can't remember where they are) Are they worth anything does anyone know? From what I remember, the box is slightly tatty but the toys have never been removed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
6 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Quick one: I've just remembered that I have boxed Star Wars Micro Machines. They're gold and there's 3 of them (I want to say X Wing, TIE and Falcon but can't remember where they are) Are they worth anything does anyone know? From what I remember, the box is slightly tatty but the toys have never been removed.

Ebay's your best bet. But without looking most 90's Star Wars stuff was so highly manufactured there is no secondary market. They are probably worth what you got them for in the 90's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Ebay's your best bet. But without looking most 90's Star Wars stuff was so highly manufactured there is no secondary market. They are probably worth what you got them for in the 90's.

Yeah, just never seen these ones since. Think I'll keep them unless they're silly money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
  • Awards Moderator

Lovely. I'm very excited for this and it's all looking good. Yes please.

Fascinating how

they're doubling down on the idea of Jedi as a myth, despite a ton of Clone Wars era stuff happening on and around Mandalore. Hey ho, that's a minor quibble, it's all got me excited for the new season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

Very exciting. All in on an underground alien fight club.

The ice planet looks a lot like Ilum, the planet from Clone Wars and Jedi Fallen Order. It's home to an ancient Jedi temple built on top of Kyber crystals the Jedi used to build their lightsabres (later harvested by the Empire for resources to use for the Death Star laser and invaded by the First Order to build Starkiller Base). It would make sense for The Mandalorian to visit to find clues on the Jedi order.

Love that the trailer didn't really give anything away. Can't wait to see what handsome bastard Timothy Olyphant is up to in the episode he's in.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Awards Moderator
21 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Very exciting. All in on an underground alien fight club.

The ice planet looks a lot like Ilum, the planet from Clone Wars and Jedi Fallen Order. It's home to an ancient Jedi temple built on top of Kyber crystals the Jedi used to build their lightsabres (later harvested by the Empire for resources to use for the Death Star laser and invaded by the First Order to build Starkiller Base). It would make sense for The Mandalorian to visit to find clues on the Jedi order.

Love that the trailer didn't really give anything away. Can't wait to see what handsome bastard Timothy Olyphant is up to in the episode he's in.

 

Am I right in assuming Ilum became Starkiller Base? They did well cracking on with turning a whole planet into a big gun if they haven't started by Mandalorian time.

Logical choice for tracking down Jedi though. Maybe he might go to some other Jedi-myth planets like Jedha ... Lothal from Rebels could be a decent shout too.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

Yeah Ilum became Starkiller Base. The weapon was built in the mining trenches the Empire created when digging up kyber crystals for the Death Star. Or at least that's how it was later retconned by the Lucasfilm Story Group when they realised they had created what appeared to be 3 separate locations that were all remarkably similar. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

That woman in the cloak looked very much like Sasha Banks. Very excited for this, the first season was one of my favourite new shows in recent memory.

That's because it was.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...