Sign in to follow this  
Monkee

Star Wars Thread - Spoilers, yo.

Quick one: I've just remembered that I have boxed Star Wars Micro Machines. They're gold and there's 3 of them (I want to say X Wing, TIE and Falcon but can't remember where they are) Are they worth anything does anyone know? From what I remember, the box is slightly tatty but the toys have never been removed.

6 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Quick one: I've just remembered that I have boxed Star Wars Micro Machines. They're gold and there's 3 of them (I want to say X Wing, TIE and Falcon but can't remember where they are) Are they worth anything does anyone know? From what I remember, the box is slightly tatty but the toys have never been removed.

Ebay's your best bet. But without looking most 90's Star Wars stuff was so highly manufactured there is no secondary market. They are probably worth what you got them for in the 90's.

3 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Ebay's your best bet. But without looking most 90's Star Wars stuff was so highly manufactured there is no secondary market. They are probably worth what you got them for in the 90's.

Yeah, just never seen these ones since. Think I'll keep them unless they're silly money.

Lovely. I'm very excited for this and it's all looking good. Yes please.

Fascinating how

they're doubling down on the idea of Jedi as a myth, despite a ton of Clone Wars era stuff happening on and around Mandalore. Hey ho, that's a minor quibble, it's all got me excited for the new season.

Very exciting. All in on an underground alien fight club.

The ice planet looks a lot like Ilum, the planet from Clone Wars and Jedi Fallen Order. It's home to an ancient Jedi temple built on top of Kyber crystals the Jedi used to build their lightsabres (later harvested by the Empire for resources to use for the Death Star laser and invaded by the First Order to build Starkiller Base). It would make sense for The Mandalorian to visit to find clues on the Jedi order.

Love that the trailer didn't really give anything away. Can't wait to see what handsome bastard Timothy Olyphant is up to in the episode he's in.

21 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Very exciting. All in on an underground alien fight club.

The ice planet looks a lot like Ilum, the planet from Clone Wars and Jedi Fallen Order. It's home to an ancient Jedi temple built on top of Kyber crystals the Jedi used to build their lightsabres (later harvested by the Empire for resources to use for the Death Star laser and invaded by the First Order to build Starkiller Base). It would make sense for The Mandalorian to visit to find clues on the Jedi order.

Love that the trailer didn't really give anything away. Can't wait to see what handsome bastard Timothy Olyphant is up to in the episode he's in.

Am I right in assuming Ilum became Starkiller Base? They did well cracking on with turning a whole planet into a big gun if they haven't started by Mandalorian time.

Logical choice for tracking down Jedi though. Maybe he might go to some other Jedi-myth planets like Jedha ... Lothal from Rebels could be a decent shout too.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Yeah Ilum became Starkiller Base. The weapon was built in the mining trenches the Empire created when digging up kyber crystals for the Death Star. Or at least that's how it was later retconned by the Lucasfilm Story Group when they realised they had created what appeared to be 3 separate locations that were all remarkably similar. 

4 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

That woman in the cloak looked very much like Sasha Banks. Very excited for this, the first season was one of my favourite new shows in recent memory.

That's because it was.

There’s a banner ad on Disney+ showing we’re getting it October 30th too. They hadn’t been too clear following the announcement last week about whether or not that date was just for the US or not, so that’s a Brucie Bonus