Sign in to follow this  
Monkee

Star Wars Thread - Spoilers, yo.

Phantom Menace will forever be the worst Star Wars movie.

The idea of Hux betraying Ren out of pure spite was great imo. Killing him off five minutes later was absolute arse.

He was great in the previous two movies.

23 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

The idea of Hux betraying Ren out of pure spite was great imo. Killing him off five minutes later was absolute arse.

Agreed. I mean, people seem to forget in TLJ he was going to kill Kylo Ren because he thought he was unconscious, and it was only because he came to he stopped. I don't understand why this was hated on so much, it made perfect sense.

Like all of this trilogy, I found it 'OK' with some great moments. Fuck knows how much they paid Ford to show up, but I loved that scene.

I still think they should have left Rey as just a nobody. I thought TLJ did a brilliant job of saying 'anyone can be a hero' only for JJ to shit it and make her somehow connected to the Emperor.

1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

I find Attack Of The Clones a much harder watch than Phantom Menace with far fewer redeemable bits, but I'm with you on Hux. Would have loved to see him take it further, even go back to the Resistance base with them only to realise "I've made a huge mistake".

I find Attack Of The Clones a much harder watch than Phantom Menace

Attack is bloody terrible. At least Phantom has a few cool moments (though still awful) Clones is...urgh

That wonderful time in film history when Christopher Lee was the side bad guy in the two biggest franchises on the planet. 

1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

Clones had Christopher Lee in it.

Wins by default.

He was also back for Revenge of the Sith so on that basis, clones is the worst. I rewatched them all again recently and AOTC is the worst by a country mile

Yeah Clones is a fucking mess. The other two prequels are actually pretty good, but Clones is all over the place with career worst performances from almost everyone in it.

Edited by Pinc

Went for a third viewing of Rise Of Skywalker this morning. Each time I see it my list of issues with it gets smaller, and my list of things I like about it gets bigger. It’s not without problems but I really like it now!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

I don't get to do IMAX very often as I generally avoid 3D movies but got to see this today in 2D. What an experience.

Firstly the Tenet prologue which I'm hyped for.

Then just everything about this movie. The score gives me chills every time. I loved the story. I thought they really tied everything up well. I'm not one for overthinking things too much with a movie like this. I genuinely enjoyed it and a wonderful cinema experience.

On 1/4/2020 at 9:44 AM, Pinc said:

The other two prequels are actually pretty good,

Phantom Menace is studied in film schools as how to not make a film.  It's an abomination.  Clones probably has the worse performances but in no universe is Phantom "pretty good". 

The Phantom Menace may still be the most disappointing film I've ever seen. After adoring Star Wars films as a kid, finally getting to see one during its initial release - and that's why Lucas comes up with. It's amazingly boring.

Ah no film with the Pod Race and the Duel of the Fates could be called boring. It’s clearly flawed but there’s lots of enjoyable set pieces and the world building is great. Roger Ebert gave it the 3.5 out of 4.

19 minutes ago, Pinc said:

Ah no film with the Pod Race and the Duel of the Fates could be called boring. It’s clearly flawed but there’s lots of enjoyable set pieces and the world building is great. Roger Ebert gave it the 3.5 out of 4.

Roger Ebert also gave Blue Velvet 1 star. I also don't care what Roger Ebert thought.