People who fucked up but you still like...

FattHardy

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
23 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I’m in one of those.. ‘he’s a cunt’ much like the vast majority of people with such power are, but I like to hear about his ludicrous antics, then try and decipher if it’s true or western media spin.

I always hope he’s no more of a cunt than the majority of western leaders, and like to believe that western spin makes him sound worse than he actually is. It’s a head fuck for me, because I can’t trust western media and that’s all to go on in regards to his apparent bullshit.

Yeah, I know what you mean Kaz. North Korea is such an exclusive, introverted nation that it's hard to get any decent intel from there. I often wonder how bad he really is and how much of it is Western spin. Trump on the other hand, we know is a horrible cunt because we see the vile tripe he comes out with on a daily basis.

42 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I often wonder how bad he really is and how much of it is Western spin.

I reckon we get enough insight from those who manage to get out, both from their spoken accounts and from footage of them being chased and shot multiple times as they flee across the border, to know that he's bad enough.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, D@mm said:

Ceelo Green is a piece of shit in my books then, rape is rape, whether they are conscious or not, did he ever get done for it, I assume not.

If anyone’s an expert on that, it’s you......

27 minutes ago, D@mm said:

Ceelo Green is a piece of shit in my books then, rape is rape, whether they are conscious or not, did he ever get done for it, I assume not.

Well, the charge was putting E in her drink and the sex was found to be consensual.  He tweeted along the lines of People who have been raped would remember it.

• Paid Members

Dunno if he was Swiss-Cheesed; he was injured, but he managed to get across the line to defect, and he was rescued. I don't see what Kamala's handler has to do with it, though.

• Paid Members

Couple of thoughts on your post, @BomberPat. 

Is there not something contradictory about being able to watch Dynamite matches with no bother, even given what his style cost him physically and mentally, but not Benoit? Benoit's style led at least in part to what he did. With Dynamite, it's also very possible that all the roids and everything else get was doing increased the dickishness that he already seemed to possess and led to things like the incident with the gun and his wife. 

Obviously what Benoit did isn't on the same level as the stuff Dynamite did, but that does strike me as a little contradictory. 

I don't watch Benoit matches. I don't specifically avoid them but when I revisit previous eras on the Network, he doesn't often feature. If he does, I don't skip the match. 

• Paid Members

I admit it probably is contradictory, yeah - it's not an exact science, and I suppose it's kind of the point of this thread. If I could explain it at all, I'd say it's to do with distance - I was sitting up and watching the Chris Benoit tribute episode of RAW with my brother (the first wrestling he'd watched in years, but Benoit had been one of his favourites), and seeing the whole story come out, and then the fallout of it.

Seeing it play out in real time probably plays a large part in it, whereas by the time I was watching Dynamite Kid vs. Tiger Mask, Dynamite's worst excesses had all already happened quite some time earlier. Doesn't excuse them, or make a lot of sense, but that's the way it works in my head.

On Mel Gibson, I don't care how drunk he was. I've been drunk many times, and suffer from bipolar disorder myself. No combination of those things has made me spontaneously start blaming the Jews for everything wrong with the world. Him being drunk isn't an excuse for a single thing he's done, nor do I give a solitary shit about George Clooney, Alec Baldwin, Ben Affleck or anyone else mentioned. I don't see "but this person acted like a tosser" as an argument against, or defence for, someone arguing like a bigger tosser. Like Keith said, it isn't binary. I'm not going to change my opinions on Mel Gibson because some other actor I couldn't care less about allegedly didn't do anything on the set of a TV show I care even less about. But just so long as you get to have a shot in at the "liberals", eh, that's the main thing?

• Paid Members

Worth stating that Gibson's anti-Semitic comments haven't just been reserved for when he's in his cups... His father was a bigoted preacher, who denied the Holocaust (something Gibson himself claimed was just a matter of "numbers") and when questioned on whether he backed his father's views, Gibson said his father had never led him wrongly.

Archived