People who fucked up but you still like...

FattHardy

• Paid Members

Kim Jong Un

Now, ‘like’ is a strong word.. amazingly intrigued is a better term.

I’m in one of those.. ‘he’s a cunt’ much like the vast majority of people with such power are, but I like to hear about his ludicrous antics, then try and decipher if it’s true or western media spin.

I always hope he’s no more of a cunt than the majority of western leaders, and like to believe that western spin makes him sound worse than he actually is. It’s a head fuck for me, because I can’t trust western media and that’s all to go on in regards to his apparent bullshit.

Anyway, today he climbed a mountain in his loafers. Just look at that Grattan pose. I didn’t know wheather to post this here or in the living the gimmick thread.

2C11E234-08F8-430C-9E97-0F6AAEC6CD81.jpeg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:46 PM, NoUseforaUsername said:

At least Gibson doesn't shove his liberal viewpoints down everybody's throats ad nauseum.

Yeah, he's a violent misogynist, racist, homophobe and raging anti-Semite, but at least he's not a liberal, right? Sort your priorities out.

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:44 AM, bAzTNM#1 said:

He *must* have done some amount of shit. Never accused of anything (apart from the odd fight and shouting match), as far as I'm aware.

Kinski? If you believe his autobiographies (which Werner Herzog has claimed were mostly fiction), and his daughter's, he sexually abused them from when they were as young as 4 or 5, and one of his daughters called him a "tyrant". None of them attended his funeral.

I wouldn't say Klaus Kinski's one of my favourites, but Herzog absolutely is, so he kind of fits the bill for this topic in that I can rewatch Fitzcarraldo endlessly without ever really having to bring myself to confront that Kinski was an awful, awful human being.

John Peel, as someone said earlier, was another - absolute hero of mine, despite marrying a 15 year old.

It's mostly rock stars and wrestlers - would be hard pressed to find a rock star of the '70s and '80s that didn't do some despicable shit, but aside from the worst excesses I can usually put it to the back of my mind. Similarly, wrestlers have done some awful shit - to women, to each other, or just holding horrendous opinions, but in most instances I can ignore it while watching - though this only tends to apply to historical footage; I can enjoy Jerry Lawler Memphis matches or The Best Of Dynamite Kid despite knowing he's a wrong'un, but I wouldn't watch a Bram match or support a promotion booking that Shlak Nazi bloke now.

Benoit I can't separate from his actions at all, and I do find it difficult to sympathise with those who can. To me, what he did not only eclipses his career, but was inexorably connected to it. Watching a Benoit match now, it's hard to shake the thought that with every bump you're watching him push himself closer and closer to breaking point, and to what happened, and I can't get any enjoyment out of that. I haven't gone out of my way to watch a Benoit match since it happened, so have probably only seen a couple since, and I don't think I'm missing anything. It's not like you have to make a conscious effort to not watch him - I don't think about it, have never been tempted to, and there's plenty of other great wrestling matches and shows out there that don't have Chris Benoit in them. It probably helps that he wasn't a substantial part of most of the eras of wrestling I find myself going back to and rewatching stuff from.

• Paid Members

I've said it before, but I've found it fascinating just how parallel to the Corleone sons the Kim brothers are: Jong-Nam is Sonny, the oldest who was meant to inherit, ending up disinherited and eventually dead early because of his unwise behaviour, Jong-Chol is Fred, the middle son who was passed over for being "weak and effeminate", and Jong-Un, the last one anybody though would take over, yet has turned out to be shockingly good at ruthlessly eliminating opposition on order to cement his position.

I'm expecting him to eventually try to move NK toward capitalism and reunification with SK, only for a failed assassination attempt to pull him back into Stalinism just when he thinks he's out. And he'll be wearing some old-man-style cardigan at the time.

• Paid Members

Gibson might be a violent misogynist, racist, homophobe and raging anti-Semite, but he's got great hair.

I think - for me, at least - overlooking such unpleasantness depends on the balance of malice and craziness. Benoit's brain had great holes in it from headbutting contests with Regal, Gibson's has years of alcohol abuse effecting it, but the likes of Cosby, Watkins and R.Kelly were rational and deliberately set out to abuse.

"Attitudes of the time" is a weird factor too. 70s rock stars are now told that despite the attitudes of the time, fucking school girl groupies should never have been acceptable, and yet the current attitudes towards the antics of Ched Evans, Adam Johnson and Ceelo Green are equally appalling.

• Paid Members

Admitted spiking a woman's drink and having sex with her whilst she was unconscious.

He then gave a bunch of weird excuses as to why it didn't count as rape, before throwing a strop and deleting his Twitter account.

It was the deleting of the Twitter that really upset his fans.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Admitted spiking a woman's and having sex with her whilst she was unconscious.

He then gave a bunch of weird excuses as to why it didn't count as rape, before throwing a strop and deleting his Twitter account.

It was the deleting of the Twitter that really upset his fans.

Oh wow, I didn't realise he was referring to himself, I assumed he was talking in general terms. Scumbag.

BomberPat

Gibson may be all of those things. All the more reason for him not to shove his political views down peoples throats.

As opposed to the tone deafness of Sean Penn and Alec Baldwin. And George Clooney, Ben Affleck and Matt Damon for that matter. The former allegedly done nothing while female cast members of ER were getting harassed and racially abused. The latter two knew Harvey Weinstein was raping women and did nothing about it; the latter allegedly went as far as to cover it up.

Which is not to excuse Mel Gibson. But as far as I am aware he has not physically beaten anyone nor has he sexually harassed anyone.

He was entrapped and recorded making racist remarks while in a drunken stupor. 

Didn't it also come out he has manic depression? 

I'm just trying to put things in context.

Archived