People who fucked up but you still like...

FattHardy

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very difficult subject. How bad a crime (or action) would a friend or family member have commit in order for you to never speak to them again? Everybody's moral compass is different and it's not easy to know where to draw the line.

99% of us here are or have been fans of WWE. I dread to think of the endless list of immoral things that've gone on within their parameters, but a lot of us continue to watch (or would if it wasn't so shite). 

9 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

Nothing ever seems to be mentioned about Bowie or Jimmy Page, they both had it away with a 14 year old, Page was seeing her for 3 years.

Pretty sure Iggy Pop did too. Steve Tyler had an underage girl’s mother sign over parental guardianship to him so he could take her on tour between states. Refers to her in his autobiography as his “blowjob queen.” He got her pregnant then forced her to have an abortion at five months 

I sometimes wonder what would happen if Michael Jackson had been proven - somehow beyond all doubt - guilty of first degree noncery. And let's throw in a murder or two, for argument's sake.

His work is so ingrained in modern culture. Would all of his songs become taboo? And what about the generation(s) of music he influenced? Would we begin to shun anything that sounded like it was inspired by his style? Would even dance routines rooted in his innovations repulse us?

These aren't rhetorical questions. I don't know the answers. I'm just curious how far we'd be willing to go, as a society, to erase someone's contributions to art/entertainment if they'd unquestionably done something  unforgivable after permeating our culture to such a thorough extent.

It's also going to be interesting to see if anyone signs Adam Johnson when he's released. No doubt a very talented footballer, and his sex crime is a bit more palatable than anything involving a baby (not that I'm condoning it in any way). No big side would sign him, but a struggling lower division side might. 

On 08/12/2017 at 6:13 PM, FattHardy said:

So I’m on Spotify and listening to some songs from when I was younger. 

Lostprophets’ Last Train Home has come on and it got me thinking.

I understand Ian Watkins fucked up, and in a major way, however the songs they released still hold up today.

Rooftops will forever hold a special place in my memory for that awesome Jeff Hardy ‘My Sacrifice’ WWE did in 2002 or something. 

Chris Benoit too. Yes they fucked up, but the music/matches both men put out are still easy to enjoy today.

Any guilt pleasures of yours?

I went to Rock Am Ring in Germany in 2008 and Lostprophets were on the same ferry as us,  Many teenage Girls were running around the bar area as Ian Watkins was in there, at the time didnt think anything of it. But now... Creeps me out. Can never listen to them again,

I cant listen to Pantera anymore after that video came out of Phil shouting White Powerr. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Wouldn't surprise me, @Grecian, football is morally bankrupt.  Bet Oldham have already visited him.

I'm sure he and Ched Evans would be quite the combination in midfield.

Archived