People who fucked up but you still like...

FattHardy

So I’m on Spotify and listening to some songs from when I was younger. 

Lostprophets’ Last Train Home has come on and it got me thinking.

I understand Ian Watkins fucked up, and in a major way, however the songs they released still hold up today.

Rooftops will forever hold a special place in my memory for that awesome Jeff Hardy ‘My Sacrifice’ WWE did in 2002 or something. 

Chris Benoit too. Yes they fucked up, but the music/matches both men put out are still easy to enjoy today.

Any guilt pleasures of yours?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think what Ian Watkins did goes a bit beyond 'fucking up'. I couldn't listen to a LostProphets number without feeling uncomfortable, regardless of whether I liked them before all the sick stuff came out. 

Not fair on his band mates but there shouldn't be any Lost Prophets songs on Spotify, CDs or DVDs in stores so Watkins can make any royalties whatsoever. What he did is reprehensible and he's a perverse utterly revolting individual. They should delete his vocal tracks from the master tapes so he doesn't even exist. How anyone can forgive him for what he did or have any degree of compassion for him whatsoever, the thought of it just repulses me. 

Same with Chris Benoit. He had CTE, his brain was scrambled etc but he murdered his own son and his wife. If he was in such a state he should sought medical and psychiatric help. You can't seperate what he did from his wrestling career, common decency means it's impossible. What WWE did with writing him out of their history isn't an over reaction. It's a necessity. Benoit had a Hall of Fame worthy career but the moment he killed his own son and his wife that career immediately became null and void. Harsh but it's true. 

I can't fathom in any possible way you can "like" them. The Benoit tragedy is still difficult to fathom now. I'll never comprehend what Watkins did and I don't ever want to because he's very seriously messed up in the head.

• Paid Members

You couldn't pick two worst examples than a baby-fucker and a child-murderer. Fucking hell.

I'd say Craig Charles is one for the list. Accusations of rape (despite being acquitted) and possession of drugs would typically be enough to write off most celebrities, but everyone still loves Teflon Craig, don't they? 

I have a soft spot for Mel Gibson too, despite his shortcomings.

Whatever about babies, I find it extremely hard to believe his bandmates didn't know he was getting involved with underage girls..

As for Mel Gibson, it's pretty much just racist comments isn't it? 

It's not right, but let's face it, if every male celebrity had their every "private" moment recorded, then there wouldn't be many who haven't made racist and sexist remarks.

I don't believe he physically abused that Russian woman. From what I can tell she was emotionally abusing him and taking advantage of him; he didn't deal with it in the right way.

Those blowhards Sean Penn and Alec Baldwin have done much worse. Penn held Madonna hostage and battered her; he has racially abused and assaulted paparazzi; his son has done the same - learned behaviour. Alec Baldwin verbally abused his own daughter, at the least, and has been caught making racist remarks umpteen times.

At least Gibson doesn't shove his liberal viewpoints down everybody's throats ad nauseum.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I'd say Craig Charles is one for the list. Accusations of rape (despite being acquitted) and possession of drugs would typically be enough to write off most celebrities, but everyone still loves Teflon Craig, don't they? 

Always been a fan of his. As you say, he was acquitted of the rape thing, so I'm not going to hold that over him. And I can't think of anybody sadder than someone who gives a flying fuck if somebody else takes or used to take drugs. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

It's not right, but let's face it, if every male celebrity had their every "private" moment recorded, then there wouldn't be many who haven't made racist and sexist remarks.

Most people arent secretly racist or sexist. Racists and sexists are in fact abnormal. 

• Awards Moderator
50 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

I live about 6 miles from that glamorous sign.

Rolf Harris is one I struggle with. I loved his shows as a child and can't reconcile what he did with all the good memories I have.

Archived