Smacking children

SpursRiot2012

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
5 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

Do you take any medication, Astro? (If you can be arsed getting that personal)

Nah. Rightly or wrongly, I always felt like my creativity came from my madnesses, so to speak, and medication might rob me of the purity of that. But then again, maybe I'd function way better, like the times I'm too depressed to get up, let alone write anything.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I saw this on Facebook, and couldn't shake the feeling this is how @Thunderplex might have disciplined his kids:

christmas punishment.jpg

Incorrect.  I actually make the child throw them in the fireplace.  Then I laugh for a bit, fart and go back to sleep.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Slightly disappointed that on a wrestling forum no one has told a shaggy dog story ala using superkicks in real fights.  "I rock bottom the kids so that they're quiet while I watch Eastenders."

Depends on how long the last intake of new members was, I think. It's been sufficiently time since the last one that by now the good ones have established themselves, and the ultra-shit ones have been banned or driven away.

It is a big gray area to be fair. I got slapped about by my mum (still love her to bits) but I was a little prick so deffo deserved it.

Some kids need a slap I reckon now and then, talking to some of them just don't work. Lots of them you tell "oh little Billy don't do that again"  but are little shits and they will get a fucking ASBO going forward.

Some kids are just bad.

Mama knew best with me and my little bro, a slap now and then, then after the tears stopped come round the table and eat your food. 

I hit my kids from time to time but it's only to teach them a lesson, that way they know right from wrong.

• Paid Members

How about you explain right and wrong to your kids using your words?

What do you do before hitting them? What steps have you taken to explain right and wrong without using violence before you feel it's time to resort to violence?

No children are just bad. That's a failing on the part of a parent or the environment they're being brought up in  

6 hours ago, ianmingo said:

It is a big gray area to be fair. I got slapped about by my mum (still love her to bits) but I was a little prick so deffo deserved it.

Some kids need a slap I reckon now and then, talking to some of them just don't work. Lots of them you tell "oh little Billy don't do that again"  but are little shits and they will get a fucking ASBO going forward.

Some kids are just bad.

Mama knew best with me and my little bro, a slap now and then, then after the tears stopped come round the table and eat your food. 

I hit my kids from time to time but it's only to teach them a lesson, that way they know right from wrong.

Grey area indeed! If a child is hit and believes that they deserve it, to learn a lesson, surely that just paves the way for more of the same, down the generations. No child deserves to be harmed by their parent. How can healthy, loving relationships be earned and maintained in this way? It's a simplification to say that 'some kids are just bad'. They're not. But parenting skills can be bad, and usually in ignorance. If I had to rely on a slap to 'teach lessons', I'd be entirely ashamed of myself. 

Archived