Survivor Series 2017 Reaction Thread

NoUseforaUsername

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, simonworden said:

Did anyone else find it really annoying when Cole kept refering to Nakamura as Shin. Not sure why but it got utterly on my nerves. 

's'kay, It annoyed me as well.

Not much to add other than to ask why is Tamina even there at all? Nia made her look tiny and weak, and she's barely getting on TV with Lana. Would be better off building something for a brand switch @ Mania for a monster match..

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I wouldn't say it annoyed me but it made me think too much about whether it was normal and I've just missed it or whether he just started doing it at the behest of Vince because he wants to sell some T-Shirts with it on or something.

I think it's what they call him backstage. I noticed it on Xavier Woods' YouTube channel a while ago and hoped it wouldn't catch on.

That main event's pissed me off something rotten, they can just fuck off with that.

Similar feeling to the Rumble when I was super hyped to see Goldberg, Taker and Lesnar in the same match and they gave us a proper fuck finish with Reigns at 30 and Orton winning.

Oh and Triple H doing the Too Sweet with Balor before the match was cringey as fuck.

2 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Alright, we're doing a podcast this week. I need to rant.

Get in line!

Yeah, the main event's ending was really, really dull. My wife loved the AJ/Brock match, but she is a huge Brock mark. Her logic for thinking AJ would win was that 'Brock has had the title for a really long time and AJ definitely has more moves'. It's sometimes really enjoyable to see it through the eyes of a far less jaded person. She thought Triple H looked daft with his fuzzy beard also.

18 minutes ago, Pinc said:

Similar feeling to the Rumble when I was super hyped to see Goldberg, Taker and Lesnar in the same match and they gave us a proper fuck finish with Reigns at 30 and Orton winning.

I forgot how terrible that was and that Orton even won this years Rumble. So many missed opportunities this year with such talented rosters. 

• Paid Members

I share pretty similar opinions as many others.

I thought the New Day vs Shield match was worse than I expected. A bit clustery at times, and should have been brilliant, but was passable at best. It felt like a ‘for the sake of it’ multi tag you occasionally get st the end of Raw.

Womans survivor match was horrible. A handful of decent exchanges but far to much crap. Loads of sloppiness, Fox was horrific.

Miz was entertaining, Corbin was just there. 

Flair vs Bliss was a really good match. Would love to see these go at it for a longer feud.

Tag match, really solid effort, both teams grafted, Uso’s have really been brilliant this year.

AJ vs Brock - Was always going to depend on Brocks mood really, could he be bothered? This time, yes he could and he was in the ring with the best the WWE have right now. Really good match.

Men's Survivor match. No. However I’m happy that Braun stood victorious. Everything up to that point, following the initial 5 mins was pathetic.

• Paid Members

Thinking about it, I would have had no problem with the main event if everything had happened backwards. If Hunter wanted to screw Kurt then he should’ve done it at the bell, or five minutes in after having his little interactions with Nakamura and Roode. He could have given Kurt pedigree, then he could’ve turned on Shane exactly how he did, then he could’ve fucked off, having done what he wanted. Same result is accomplished, but it leaves all the fresh, new guys to carry on in the match and not look like afterthoughts. 

Plus, getting rid of Kurt early would have kept the mistique regarding his return intact. As it is now, he’s been exposed as a slower, bent-over version of himself.

Fuck it. There have been few times that a main event with so much potential, with so much talent, that had me frothing at the possibilities, came up so pathetically short. The crowd felt like they got kicked in the balls when Nakamura was eliminated and not only did it not recover, it seemed to get kicked in the balls repeatedly to the point they were just watching as silent observers to this shitty, self-indulgent theatre. It's not even the potential top level talent that got dicked, it was the actual top talent too. Cena has never meant less than he did in this match, and it was pathetic.

All to set up Triple H's latest angles. I don't want to go all 2002 on this, but come on. He didn't need this in the slightest to do whatever angles they're going to do with him and Braun or Kurt, you can get to it a hundred other ways, ways that don't make every other top guy you have look like they should be changing the bog rolls at Titan Towers.

I have nothing against Braun, but I also have no interest in him as the top babyface. I realise I may be the exception, but the show becomes extremely limited in your booking options to feed him. So far we've had Kane destroying people in 2017 and HHH squatting on this match. I anxiously await the return of JBL.

• Paid Members

Must be something wrong with me, I enjoyed it all. Even the main event. The insertion of Hunter into it made it clear that he was there to set up the match with Kurt, so it didn't offend me in the slightest when that came to pass. I'm far more interested in the pair of them having a nostalgia match at Mania than working with any of the full timers at this point.

Enjoyed all the tag matches and Brock v AJ was a great match, result spoiled as it was by the scores. Only drawbacks were though I love Miz, I'm never going to get into a Corbin match, and much as I love Alexa, I hate Charlotte as a babyface so the match didnt work for me.

I was thinking about the main event again today. The section with Angle, Triple H and Braun could have easily been done a little earlier in the match leaving any combination of Balor/Joe and Nakamura/ Roode left to finish the match off. In my opinion at least it would have made them look less like bit players if the new guys were the last in. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Must be something wrong with me, I enjoyed it all. Even the main event. The insertion of Hunter into it made it clear that he was there to set up the match with Kurt, so it didn't offend me in the slightest when that came to pass. I'm far more interested in the pair of them having a nostalgia match at Mania than working with any of the full timers at this point.

Angle is a fucking mess. He shouldn't be in there with anyone.

Trips still has value but for me it's in putting Strowman over at WrestleMania. If they're going Brock/Reigns then Strowman needs something big to keep up his momentum.

AJ vs Brock was great, I liked Lesnar’s selling of the calf crusher in particular. AJ has a similar ability as Michaels to work believable big man/little man matches. As someone else said it is mad that he spent so long in TNA.

Something about the shield match didn’t feel right…almost as if it was wasted on the occasion. I was also irrationally annoyed by the half and half t-shirts. It seemed weird that in their first proper match back that they wouldn’t all be in their iconic gear.

The main event was so bad. They actually had some good moments earlier in the match with the mix of legends vs new guys. Triple H working with his NXT guys is usually fun for a bit. There is probably a good story to be had there somewhere. From ‘Shin’ going out early onwards this fell off a cliff. Nobody cared (or understood) the turn on Shane, Cena was just there, Kurt looked bad, Owens and Zayn looked stupid and  I love Balor but he would be better used as a cruiserweight. Braun looked good but there was about a million other ways you could have booked this match and protected him.

Archived