UKFF: Then and Now

Frankie Crisp

• Awards Moderator

Correct. Tommy! is and has been one of the most consistently funny and likeable forum members in the last decade or so. We all beat ourselves up and little we can say will change his mind, but if real-life Tommy! is anything like UKKF Tommy!, then he’s an absolute gem.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

i aint gonna go into detail but this forum has been a big part of my life for over 15 years, its like my internet homebase, crazy to think that through all the changes you go through in life (relationships starting and ending, becoming a parent, deaths) this place has always been my online sanctuary.

• Paid Members

Then - 2003 (my account says 2006 but I was around before then): Joined following a recommendation from my friend IRL Burchill's Buddy, who told me it was the best place to keep up with FWA news. We started attending their shows after going to Crunch 2002. I was 20, living with my folks in Herts, working as a credit controller for a material handling company 10 mins up the road and engaged to my now-wife. I drank Bacardi at the time. Fucking Bacardi! I supported a successful football team that challenged for (and occasionally won) the Premier League title. I really liked AJ Styles and Brock Lesnar.

Now: I'm 34 and married for 10 years now with two kids aged 5 & 8. Bought a house in Essex shortly before the birth of our first child, selling our flat in Herts. Work in London (City) heading up a couple of accounts teams in the property industry. Wrestled for just over 10 years not long after joining here for quite a few promotions, don't get the chance to do anything these days. Haven't attended a British wrestling show in years, though that may change for the Progress show at Wembley. I drink aged spiced, golden or dark rum and support a cup team that used to challenge for the Premier League title. I really like AJ Styles and Brock Lesnar.

2011: Hopelessly unemployed, lonely and living in my Mam's boxroom. Most of my friends had emigrated to the far corners of the globe, like Irish people are supposed to, but I was too scared to follow suit. Was drinking an awful lot to fill the boredom and also had anxiety issues that I was taking my sweet time getting sorted.  My obsession with old wrestling was just about keeping me afloat. Stumbled upon here after reading about it on an Irish wrestling forum I used to frequent.

2017: Engaged to an incredibly smart, lovely American lady I met randomly on a night out in Dublin 2 and a half years ago. Still working out who moves where, but leaning towards Ireland at the moment. Have my own tiny place and working in a job I semi-enjoy with the probation service. Have worked in retail (horrifying) IT support/printer service(mind numbingly boring) and as a police officer (frustrating/burn outing) in between. Rarely watch current WWE, but will read the Raw and PPV threads here to look out for things of interest.

Then: Signed up in 2011 I believe, during my second year of uni, so I would have been 19 or 20. I was in the early stages of a seven-year relationship and generally quite excited about my future acting career.

Now: I'm 26, just split up with the aforementioned girlfriend, and I don't have an acting career. I do admin for a financial services company which, while it's a good job with plenty of perks, isn't particularly exciting. Live alone with my cat.

Could be worse, eh?

Then: At Uni, working for BRAWL as a manager/valet, generally not enjoying life due to sucky relationships, living in a one room flat and disconnected form family and feeling fairly worthless

Now: Married with two kids, living by the beach Down Under.  Mrs PTA - Kinder committee, school council, surf club committee

As much as i hated my late teens and early twenties, and do sometimes feel they were completely wasted - Im grateful for the few good mates it has brought me, and how aware i am now of how lucky i am to be where i am and have the family that i do.

• Paid Members

THEN: Sept/Oct 2001, living with mum, 3rd year of Uni, hungry for insider info, no significant other.

NOW: Still living with mum, working with an asbestos consultancy for 13 years, still no significant other but slightly better social skills.

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Correct. Tommy! is and has been one of the most consistently funny and likeable forum members in the last decade or so. We all beat ourselves up and little we can say will change his mind, but if real-life Tommy! is anything like UKKF Tommy!, then he’s an absolute gem.

He tries to be, but public opinion is supporting my claim. You all only get me in small doses. I like to think It's like looking through the glass at a chimp in the zoo, it's fun as long as you can walk away when you mature beyond or bore of the masterbation and poo throwing (I assume by the law of the UKFF I've now got @Scott Malbranque plop senses tingling) 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Tommy! said:

He tries to be, but public opinion is supporting my claim. You all only get me in small doses. 

Yeah, but I wish I only had to deal with me in small doses. Everyone isn’t mint all of the time, so that’s just standard.

You need to keep in mind that there are a shit load of people who don’t even get small doses right. Some people can’t even manage tolerable. Even on here, the really top quality posters go through peaks a troughs. A small batch hit more peaks, and you are one of them from what people have witnessed.

edit: I didn’t mean to bold that bit, but hopefully it comes across as poignant rather than it being obvious I have a fat thumb on my phone.

• Paid Members

2003. I was a lost 15 year old flunking high school with spectacular mental health issues, manifested by me being a colossal dickhead. 

Now: Medically retired from nursing at 30 thanks to MS and rheumatoid arthritis which as you can imagine takes me to hell and back on the regular. Still working on the mental health but now at least I know where it came from etc and every day is another step. I do have the most amazing 9 year old son though and I'm in a relationship with the love of my life for 3 years now who has helped me through some of the most horrific things I wouldn't wish on anyone. 

I also have life long friends that I wouldn't have if I had never joined the UKFF. Friends so good I consider them family, who have also helped me through so much and I love more than they'll ever know. 

2003- Engaged, just bought a house and in the midst of a career boom, joined after GWF Blackburn debacle 

2017- Well fucking hell, just done the odd one or two thing since then. changed gender, been engaged a further 2 times, learnt to walk again after 5 years off from life with back issues, , tried to kill myself twice ( I cant say thanks enough to some posters on here, for all their help when I was really in a bad way.) been stalked, and a myriad of bad stuff

The last two years since transitioning have been marvellous although, not straight forward and right now, I'm finally, finally reaching all that potential from days of long ago. I've hit a salary that has a 2 and not a 1 in front of it, helped set up and run 'Help the Homeless' events and soup kitchens. I'm currently very involved with a 'listening' charity, and am pushing the boundaries of life and what it has to offer. I've been nominated for World Record's, had written work published (even though I'm shite at it) been in a film yet to be released, pushed myself to new levels of fitness by doing obstacle course races, things are coming together, (she says!). So not much really :p

Archived