Blimey! They're still alive

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's his birthday gig tonight - I was trying to get tickets a while back, but couldn't afford the trip. I'd say he's not been looking well lately, but it goes without saying, surely?

Bumped into him in Soho pubs a couple of times, always been very charming and civil, and a good laugh when you caught him early enough in the evening to have the faintest idea what he was saying. This was before he'd had his new teeth done, and I remember him saying he was worried because "it might affect his singing voice" - think that horse has bolted, Shane O.

First time I saw Howard Marks, he told a story about doing his first spoken word gig in a pub that Shane MacGowan lived above, and people would find him crawling through the doorway and have to carry him upstairs to the flat - said he was the only man he ever knew whoĀ had to beĀ carried in to a pub on Friday night.

Long live the mad bastard, Rainy Night In Soho is a banger.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

It's a minor miracle that he's still aroundĀ 

Slightly sceptical whether he is, based on this picture of his birthday party doing the rounds. I don't think I've ever seen jaundice so perfectly encapsulated in one face.Ā 

shane.png
Ā 

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Way I look. It's amazing Billy Connolly is still around with all the shit he's supposedly doneĀ and his Dementia and Parkinsons he's got now.

What sort of shit has he done previously, Baz? Knew about the illnesses, but wasn't aware of a libertine past, or something along those lines

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

What sort of shit has he done previously, Baz? Knew about the illnesses, but wasn't aware of a libertine past, or something along those lines

Hung around with Gerry Rafferty of "Baker Street" fame and probably joined him in a few of his, um, "hobbies".

• Paid Members
On 17/01/2018 at 7:48 AM, Gus Mears said:

Connolly always says he's thankful of being relatively in good health considering the levelĀ ofĀ carcinogens he was exposed to working at the docks.

Never heard anything other than Billy likes a drink, buy he was going on the lash with the likes of Parkinson.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Loki said:

Looks like they're having a sit-down meal at their local kebab house. Ā Classy!

It's the Avengers going for Shawarma.