Blimey! They're still alive

Gus Mears

1 hour ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

Ken Dodd is still performing on a nightly basis as well, which is some achievement considering he is 90.

The other week me and my parents were talking bout Victoria Wood and I was certain her ex husband; Geoffrey Durham died about 10 years ago, so was quite surprised to see he was still alive and in fact had stepped back from performing in 2006.

Doddy is only doing six shows a month (or less), not that i am suggesting he has turned into a malingerer!
He will die with his shoes on (if he is mortal?).
Such a legendary performer :love:

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, drkopen said:

Same here. Clearly the Mandela effect in full swing.

Similarly, although kind of the reverse of this topic, I'm watching Enterprise and Kellie Waymire is a part of the cast. I was thinking oh, yeah, I know her, she's cute, she pops up in stuff all the time. 

Nope. She died in 2003, aged 36. Is there another actress that looks a lot like her that I'm thinking of? 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

For some reason I could have sworn I read that Ted Robbins had carked it a couple of years ago, so imagine my surprise when I popped in the chippy and saw some flyers for Aladdin at the Stockport Plaza, starring Ted Robbins. Must have got him mixed up with some other rotund Northern entertainer who died recently.

I saw the same flyers and thought the same thing tonight at that wonderful chippy in Heaton Moor.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

For some reason I could have sworn I read that Ted Robbins had carked it a couple of years ago, so imagine my surprise when I popped in the chippy and saw some flyers for Aladdin at the Stockport Plaza, starring Ted Robbins. Must have got him mixed up with some other rotund Northern entertainer who died recently.

I saw the same flyers and thought the same thing tonight at that wonderful chippy in Heaton Moor.

Shitty iPad double post.

Edited by Thunderplex

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

This was at George's in South Reddish. Wonder if I'll bump into him again in Merseyway like last time he was in panto here. He was very jolly.

Ted Robbins, that is, not George.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

I'm always amazed MIke Yarwood is still with his. He was everywhere on Saturday night TV in the 80s and early 90s, then just disappeared. 76 and an OBE too.

He turned up to be interviewed by the late Bob Monkhouse on what was I think his final show. It aired on BBC4 last year, I think.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Similarly, although kind of the reverse of this topic, I'm watching Enterprise and Kellie Waymire is a part of the cast. I was thinking oh, yeah, I know her, she's cute, she pops up in stuff all the time. 

Nope. She died in 2003, aged 36. Is there another actress that looks a lot like her that I'm thinking of? 

There's something a little of the Jennifer Lawrence about her, and also a little of the Helen Baxendale too.

This might be an odd one, but I had it in my head that someone on here had posted about Bob Carolgees carking it a few years ago.

• 3 weeks later...