Transferable Skillz

Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

Scenario: 

WWE are hiring for every role in every department. Based on your education and work history/experience, which role would you be applying for, why and based on what skills?

I’ve got a 1st in music business and and production. So i’d clearly be looking for an assistants position with Jim Johnston and co. I’ve recorded and produced a variety of my own and others music over the last 15 years, including creating theme tunes for local wrestlers and promotions. This would actually be my dream job. However I think I’d need to apply for a general production assistant role. This covers everything from assisting with network content, promos to audio production. There is actually a job currently available in this position... imagine how much competition there would be.

• Awards Moderator

I'm applying to work in the WWE Warehouse. Those collections, that archive - dream come true. Fits in with my strengths, qualifications and career so far. Bit of cataloguing, some guided tours, lots of learning, and then when I persuade them to open a physical Hall Of Fame / WWE Museum, I'm right in there as head of visitor experience or curator or something.

• Paid Members

I'd apply for the warehouse role too I think, I've got experience of working in a one, cleaning and storing drapes. It was the worst job I've ever had mind, but I think if those drapes had a WWE logo on them, and I could have worn a High Energy jacket it would have made it more tolerable, dare I say desirable. 

Well my current job would put me to task fixing the roster's shit tattoos and undertaking awful cover ups. If I had to pick an actual job that already exists I guess I'd just be on the merch team coming up with tshirt designs. I've already designed numerous band merch over the years so would be sweet

Based on what I do I'd start working with the overseas wrestlers to improve their English. Try to get them more fluent, pronouncing clearer and understanding what's said to them a bit more. I realise that would mean working long hours with Kari Sane and Askua though, might be a horrible job!

I'm a drama teacher and part time actor by trade. I have a school twitter account to promote our work - school productions etc, and actually graded the performances of the wrestlers at NXT Takeover London back in 2015 as a tongue in cheek reference to an alternative night at the theatre. Got a great shot of Finn as Jack the Ripper and graded as an A*.......anyway ......

I guess I could work as a acting coach down at the performance centre. We'll look to develop those characters with much more depth and detail, intricate mannerisms and thought provoking facial expressions. We will find the voice of the character and use Given Circumstances to add more detail to their background - Why do they do the things they do? What defines them? We'll look for our performers to have an awareness of their stage space, ensuring they keep backs to the audience at a minimum - or as minimal as they can when performing "Theatre-in-the-round". We will develop confidence at public speaking, and complete a range of monologues, looking at pitch, pace and volume. We will always ask the question "What am I trying to achieve? What am I trying to communicate to my audience? How will I do this?"

We will assemble the greatest cast of thespians the squared circle has ever seen

Only for it to all be ruined the second they get called up to the main roster

• Paid Members

I've worked in TV (editorial and scheduling/promotions) for much of the past decade, so I suspect I'd end up in doing scheduling for the WWE Network, or writing the synopses for the Network shows I imagine. I actually used to do something similar for the WWE Network channel in the UAE (although not directly for the WWE, was via a 3rd party agency), proofreading synopses before their listings were sent out to journalists. Probably the only time in a professional capacity that my wrestling knowledge has been useful.  

I'd love to be on the writing team, given I did an MA in Screenwriting, but I doubt I'd enjoy being burned out within 6 months, so unless it was a secondment I'd probably stick with something on the Network or WWE.com side of things. 

Not sure I have as much talent as some of you guys above. But as a manager in my day to day life I see myself a a good organiser so maybe something to do with organising day to day life in the WWE, whether thats booking hotel/flights that kind of thing. Alternatively a role of sorts in customer service (or fan services as the WWE call it.)

• Paid Members

Lobbyist. So I'd apply to be up in Washington, ruining American politics with Linda at the Small Business Administration. Either that, or I'd set up a backstage politics consultancy firm and charge exorbitant fees to wrestlers trying to navigate the stupid world of WWE management. 

Recruitment. I'd join Trippers team of hunting down the finest independent and unknown wrestlers, then signing them up and justifying taking 30% of their basic salary for doing fuck all. Just like the actual recruitment industry.

I'd LOVE to teach SPIN selling to Triple H, Dean Malenko and the rest of the agents. Be a fun day in the office.

University admissions. Utterly useless in the world of WWE, so my fallback will have to be the MA in Creative Writing I'm doing at the moment. A short stint on Creative beckons, only to be fired with my attempt to get Tatanka back permanently, with that world title run and Rumble win he so richly deserves. 

Archived