Rizin - New Years Eve MMA (Mayweather vs. Nasukawa)

Egg Shen

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Kfogg1991 said:

That's what I fucking thought when I was watching it. Why did it happen then what was the point of it then exactly 

Rizin are in a battle with themselves to top their New Year card each year. Floyd was their weapon this year, but because it’s Floyd he negotiated a set of rules that suited him down to the ground.

Rizin got eyes on the product (and a sell out crowd w/ inflated prices), Floyd got to piss about and self-promote.... the only loser was a young kid who didn’t realise he was playing the role of Huckleberry.

On another note, MMA fighters need to get over their collective obsession with boxing. Particularly when it comes to the best to ever do it. I get that they feel like superhero’s sparring in the gym, but in real life a professional boxer is always going to handle an MMA fighter in a professional boxing match. That’s some simple, Fight 101, Occams Razor shit.

And still attention has shifted to Khabib/Floyd.

Fuck off.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Well in this case the figure is supposedly around $9 million. For that! Insane. 

Ha. He's a cock, of course, but fair play. Getting that guarantee against a can is tremendous work.

Khabib probably ends up dying in the ring against Floyd.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Floyd seems dumb as fuck in every way except two - winning fights and commanding huge paydays. He’s a fucking genius when it comes to those two things. 

The thing is, what have Rizin got out of this? Whatever increase in eyeballs they got in the short term, is it worth it in the long run at the cost of $9mil and making one of your biggest potential stars look like a jobber? The only one who’s really gained from this farce, once again, is Floyd Mayweather. It’s not like all those Floyd/Boxing fans are going to stick around now and check out Rizin 15. Floyd’s gone and so are they. If Nasukawa somehow pulled it off, it would’ve all been worth it, of course. $9 million for Floyd’s ‘O’, the press it would get for Rizin and the revenue for the inevitable rematch...would be a bargain. But the gamble never paid off and Floyd wins a-fucking-gain. 

I hope Nasukawa at least got a nice payday out of this. 

• Paid Members

Thing is, whatever interest in this died on its arse when Floyd released that statement saying he was set up and no fight was agreed. We were all going into it stroking our chins in suspicion, but Floyd pretty much underlined what a money grabbing joke the fight is with that.

22 minutes ago, Chunk said:

Totally missed that Kyoji Horiguchi submitted Darrion Caldwell. Pretty much cements him as the best Bantam Weight outside the UFC now.

Yup, went 8-1 in the UFC as well, only losing to Mouse. I'd say he's very possibly the best bantam in the sport today.

Archived