Rizin - New Years Eve MMA (Mayweather vs. Nasukawa)

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Having a mare with the quote function here.

@d-d-d-dAz

The press are reporting, as of 10 minutes ago, that organisers can’t find Floyd.

Fucking spectacular bit of pantomime, this whole show!

They probably came to him to work the fight, he refused, and now the Yakuza have got him in a garage somewhere holding blades to his thumbs. 

Nevermind...

002A6CD0-AA38-4398-8481-8408CA68E9AB.jpeg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else sensing something weird in the air about this fight? Like maybe Floyd is going to get fucked up and knocked down? Maybe even stopped?

I dunno, when it was announced I laughed it off as a shitfest, but the more I heard that Floyd has been fucking about and not really training, while this kid has been training like it's a title fight has made me take notice.

Now all this late to the arena shit? I think we could see an upset, one of those weird upsets that will go down in history as being sketchy because virtually no one watched it etc.

• Paid Members

There is a very odd feel to it. Part what you say and part that it’s in fucking Japan and who knows what’s going to happen over there. I don’t know if there is something to this last minute gut feeling that something mad is about to happen or if we’re just feeling like that because the run up to this thing has been absolutely nothing, zero, like we’ve become used to when Floyd does anything. 

To add to it all, Mike Perry tweeted that Floyd said something on the broadcast like ‘Hey, if I get knocked out it’s what the entertainment industry needs’. WTF? That sounds so un-Floyd. Either something crazy is about to go down or they’ve paid Mayweather so much dough he’s going to throw this thing. Can’t see either of those things happening but it’s all so bizarre. 

Still...Floyd cruising on points. 

• Paid Members

I keep refreshing the results page on MMA fighting for this show, and it's crazy how long it's taking the last three fights to get started. I can only imagine it's painful watching the broadcast at the minute? By the look of the results though it seems like the actual fights have been fairly entertaining.

• Paid Members

Incredible how much money Mayweather has made fighting folk making their boxing debut against him. Highlights how decent McGregor did, even if a chunk of that was Floyd taking his time.

Mayweather probably had a donner calzone before this fight. The calzone lasted longer.

Archived