Rizin - New Years Eve MMA (Mayweather vs. Nasukawa)

Egg Shen

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this weigh in was missing was Rin Nakai dressed as a bondage queen/Anime character to complete the madness.

I'm with Egg Shen I think this Gabi Garcia vs old wrestler lady fight will go ahead. I never usually think work with MMA but something seems abit off there. To be honest something seems abit messed up with Garcia's whole MMA career.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

All this weigh in was missing was Rin Nakai dressed as a bondage queen/Anime character to complete the madness.

I'm with Egg Shen I think this Gabi Garcia vs old wrestler lady fight will go ahead. I never usually think work with MMA but something seems abit off there. To be honest something seems abit messed up with Garcia's whole MMA career.

its just a freakshow. Garcia is the female Bob Sapp at this point, back when Sapp was crushing poor Japanese folk at the start of his career.

• Paid Members

Anyone watched any of this yet? I've seen little bits and pieces. 

****SPOILERS*****

Cro Cop predictably destroyed Old Man Tsuyoshi Khosaka in about a minute. Felt sorry for TK here. He's got no business in there anymore. Big Mirko wrecked him. He didn't even bother kicking either, just punched fuck out of him. Is that it for Cro Cop now then? Sure someone (Egg?) was saying he was going to retire after this. 

Gomi lost. Again. In under 3 minutes. Again. At least it wasn't a knockout this time, I guess. He got triangled in 2:36. He's so washed up. 

Glad to see Horiguchi win the tournament. He looked good from bits I saw as well. 3 wins, 3 finishes. Always liked Horiguchi. I can see him being back in the UFC before too long. This might be good for him to rebuild himself and come back better. I always felt like he got the shot at Mighty Mouse before he was ready. 

Didn't feel like your typical Japanese New Years show at all. Considering 2016's had Bob Sapp vs Akebono and a Gabi Garcia freakshow, this was lacking that circus element. 

A few people have been tweeting that Horoguchi is a "Fighter of the Year" contender. Sadly, I haven't been following Rizin this year, so I haven't seen any of his fights. I notice he beat Tokoro - the guy who did a number on Royce Gracie years ago (although the fight was scored a draw due to Gracie rules)

Cro Cop could carry on if he wanted to. The senior's tour in MMA is well and truly alive in Bellator. A rematch with Fedor would be fun, as would open-weight fights with Sonnen, Rampage or whoever. It's just a case of whether Cro Cop wants to deal with the rigmarole of fighting in America again. 

• Paid Members

it could only happen to Uncle Creepy, what a weird career he's had.

Well with all good intentions of watching, i didn't get around to it. I've caught some highlights and clips though, Crocop beat the piss out of TK, that was an absolute mugging, i still want to see Crocop compete, fuck it. Apparently there's plans for some kind of Grand Prix in 2018 (open weight?) and Crocop is rumored to be in it.

Archived