Rizin - New Years Eve MMA (Mayweather vs. Nasukawa)

Egg Shen

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

well, Gabi Garcia has a fight...and it's New Year's Eve as fuck:

Kandori-vs-Garcia-1024x500.jpg

She's fighting a 53 year pro wrestler who last fought 17 years ago. Barmy.

Takanori Gomi has been added too, would be nice to see if he can recapture any kind of glory being back in Japan. He's fighting Yusuke Yachi.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

well, Rizin kicks off tomorrow, first show tomorrow, the second on NYE. Have to admit, im a little disappointed with the lineup on paper, i expected a couple more weird and wonderful matchups that Japanese MMA tends to deliver but that said, im still going to make the point of watching it. It's being unfamiliar with a large portion of the card which is dampening my excitement a little but im gonna give it a go, i need to do a little research and get accquainted with the fighters involved.

Still, the Bantamweight Grand Prix should be quality, we have the Gabi Garcia show, Crocop/TK, Sexyama II is putting in an appearence, the return to Japan of Takanori Gomi, could have done without the women's fights but there we go.

I've updated the cards on the first page.

• Paid Members

I'll probably just watch the Cro Cop fight and the Gabi Garcia circus. Pretty underwhelmed by the rest of it and these things tend to go on for about 12 hours. I just can't be arsed putting that kind of time in. 

Also, Sexyama 2 can piss right off.  There's only one Sexyama. 

And Gomi needs some comfy slippers, a cup of tea, some biscuits and a nice early night. What he doesn't need is another fight. He's got to stop. Look at his recent record. He fights like I have sex these days. Infrequently, can no longer last 3 minutes and is embarrassed when it's over. Pathetic, the pair of us. 

• Paid Members

That is ridiculous. How do you miss weight by nearly 2st?! I never get when a fighter is that far over the weight limit, why even embarrass yourself by showing up to the weigh in? 

Anyway, sod all that. The most important thing to take from that video, Pot Noodle Man from last year is back! 

image.jpg

Archived