The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Moderators
3 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Gene Simmons has been banned from Fox News for harrassing the female staff. Not sexually. Just some good old fashioned "are you thick, love?" type stuff. One report said he started smacking his autobiography off a female staffers head and said words to the effect of "anyone in?"

:laugh: This kind of workplace bullying just seems quaint by comparison now.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Cannot believe Arnie hasn't been mentioned yet.

I'd imagine it's a case of when, not if.  To be honest, he's had his fair share of public accusations over the years anyway - I remember the Denise Van Outen one being fairly high profile at the time.  Christ knows how many more will surface in light of something like this.

• Paid Members

I'd be amazed if Ospreay wasn't on WWE's radar.

I'm not sure what the specific situation he's referring to is/was, but he's since issued a bit of a "sorry if you were offended" apology - which is never quite the same thing as, "sorry I offended you", is it?

The only story I've seen circulating about sexual assault in wrestling was Sean Orleans - and I don't even know who that is, who seemed to have been fired from Glory Pro following accusations. Whether that's who Ospreay's commenting on, or if he just felt the need for an irrational outburst of misogyny, I don't know.

Okay, broader context seems to be that it was Pollyanna who made the accusations;

Only a handful of people know the details, but they have no issue sharing a locker room with someone who would do that. There is little to no moral standing in this business, not when it comes to the cash in your pocket.

No I’m not ok. I’m far from it. I’m angry at myself and I’m angry at him being back. I’m angry at the people sharing the locker room with him. And I’m angry at the promotion when I made it clear I would never work where he was when I last spoke to them.

Can’t again mention names to some of the people who have been helping me the past few days as I know he would message them to call me a liar. But thank you, the words of advice and just saying you believe me, that helps me more than you could ever know.

I thought honestly I had not told anyone at the time it happened, but one of my friends just told me that I had told her around the time it happened. I’m so happy, I did tell someone. I did.

Just to clarify, I'm not suggesting Pollyanna has accused Ospreay - I clearly don't know what's going on here.

Edited by BomberPat

• Paid Members

Yeah, I think with Arnie, the "damage" has probably been done - the allegations are all out there, and he's weathered the storm at a time when there was considerably less scrutiny on that kind of thing. Presumably less impetus for people to come forward about him now.

4 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Just to clarify, I'm not suggesting Pollyanna has accused Ospreay - I clearly don't know what's going on here.

I think, from having read all the tweets, both are referring to a friend of Ospreay's.

Pollyanna posted this, mentioning using her 'position' that Ospreay mentioned.

'Ok I saw one [tweet]. I have no position in wrestling, after I saw your friend is back it did just make me think I never want to return to somewhere that will have people like him in the locker room. I have nothing to lose now, so I’m telling the truth.'

It would seem Pollyanna is saying she was sexually assaulted by a wrestler/friend of Ospreays and has been badmouthed/blacklisted from some locker rooms by Ospreay and his friends [according to her].
Judging by his original tweet, it would seem Ospreay does not believe she is telling the truth and is using social media to bash his friend...despite not naming who it is.