The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Well this is going to be something.

It does look like it could be interesting. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Because John Lydon is a cunt and nobody cares what he thinks in 2022.

I realise he is a bit of a hated figure and rightly so in many ways but he seems to have mellowed in recent years while looking after his wife (fairly sure when he did the Masked Singer in the US he mentioned she had Alzihmers and he wanted to put a smile on her face seeing him singing) that he's not coming across completely as much of a cunt as he used to, especially when he speaks about the 70s interview. 

• Paid Members

As far as I'm aware, all Lydon said was that he had heard rumours that "Savile was into all kinds of seediness". So had everybody else, it was hardly an earth-shattering expose of "what was going on" that a documentary should be built around. And, yes, Lydon's an irrelevant old cunt, no matter how good Metal Box was.

I also haven't seen any version of the BBC ban story that isn't "John Lydon claims". I've no idea if he ever even was banned, but claiming that "I've heard rumours" was the equivalent of calling out him and the BBC at the time is no different than Adrian Street claiming he knew and beat up Savile for it when he was a wrestler. It's people claiming credit after the fact, and as Ian Hislop said on HIGNFY, an awful lot of people came out of the woodwork to say they "knew" when what they meant is that they either suspected, or had heard rumours, because if they actually "knew" then they were complicit.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

I realise he is a bit of a hated figure and rightly so in many ways but he seems to have mellowed in recent years while looking after his wife (fairly sure when he did the Masked Singer in the US he mentioned she had Alzihmers and he wanted to put a smile on her face seeing him singing) that he's not coming across completely as much of a cunt as he used to, especially when he speaks about the 70s interview. 

Didn't he call Jeremy Corbyn a racist bastard last year?

4 hours ago, Factotum said:

Well considering the interview was from 1978 on a BBC radio interview which was subsequently buried

It wasn't "buried", the claim wasn't broadcast for the very simple reason that it's a very bad idea to broadcast defamatory allegations without strong evidence to back them up, especially when you are defaming people with the financial means to pursue legal action. 

Edited by Tamura

1 hour ago, Shy Dad said:

In my defence I did say as much as he used to. He's still an idiot a lot of the time. Just not all of it these days. 

Probably because he was asleep. He supported Trump and Brexit too but he says a lot of things to generate media interest.  
I find it odd when people call him a sellout, because his approach hasn’t changed, he’s always been about getting money in any way so he can record and tour on his own terms. I’m a Celebrity paid for a PiL album and tour, for example. 

• Paid Members

people assume that the Sex Pistols were a staunchly anti-capitalist band, when there's really nothing to suggest that - they were a shock rock act, if anything, and never had anything substantial to say in the way that, say, The Clash tried to, or the next wave of punk bands like Crass and so on. You can't sell out if you never had principles in the first place.

35 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

people assume that the Sex Pistols were a staunchly anti-capitalist band, when there's really nothing to suggest that - they were a shock rock act, if anything, and never had anything substantial to say in the way that, say, The Clash tried to, or the next wave of punk bands like Crass and so on. You can't sell out if you never had principles in the first place.

But Lydon does have principles and has stuck to them. He didn’t have political principles, he had artistic principles and as I mentioned uses them to get money any way he can to fund the one thing he won’t compromise, making and playing music on his terms. He’s still a wanker obvs. 
I know someone who saw “SPOTS” in Cov when the Pistols tour got banned. He said whenever someone went up to Rotten and asked to buy him a pint, he said just give me the money because you were going to spend it anyway and pocketed a lot of change that night!

As an aside, fuck The Clash. I think it’s telling how they and fellow middle class band Crass were seen as authentic but the Pistols and, say, fellow working class band The Exploited weren’t. Punker than thou and all that. 

51 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

As an aside, fuck The Clash.

I've seen you say this a lot, what's the issue with them? I like a lot of their music, but happy to hear other sides as well. Don't start on Weller though...

Anyway, this is the best thing Lydon has ever been involved in.