The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

It's also little things that we take for granted.

I have no issue going for a run at 10pm. I don't feel scared. Same if I want to pop down for a fag at midnight.

The back of my block is pitch black with 3 possible ways for someone to appear but I dont have an issue.

Those are both things women can't do. Which is horrific. 

Its also about appearance. I was thinking about this the other day. If it's dark (or not even) and I'm wearing a beanie and a mask (which I sometimes keep on or forget to take off), then you can only see my eyes, which can be really intimidating for some. So maybe I shouldn't do that?

"Yeah but you should be able to wear what you want" the NotAllMen bellends cry. Well no, it doesn't work like that?

I have no problem calling out people as I would expect someone to do to me. Someone was being an absolute cunt in the football group chat the other day following the Meghan Markle/Prince Harry interview (slightly off topic granted) the other day and he got told where to go.

Made the school run the next morning a bit awkward, but that's one less twat I have to speak to at drop off.

Men need to address this in a calm and rational way. Which almost certainly they can't as they see any of it as a direct threat. They need to grow up. 

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eat Out to Help Out endangered countless more people than all the protests put together but I don't remember Johnny Law raiding Nando's.

It's always amazed me how many excuses people use when it comes to Michael Jackson. His house is a millionaires nonce cave. Everything from WrestleFest in the arcade room to the flying Scotsman in the

Obvious troll is obvious.    Regarding that curfew thing, it’s switching the narrative. Since forever, it’s always been about what women and girls can do to prevent getting attacked and not wha

Posted Images

Some berk I used to work with always goes on the not all men defence. As you’d expect he is a self proclaimed good guy. I liked and retweeted a lot of stuff yesterday and he’s replied to practically every single one with a not all men. The arsehole gets annoyed when he gets no replies and doesn’t realise it’s because he locked his account years ago when he said “Let’s the fuckers drown” after the floods in Pakistan and got in trouble at work for it. 

I really don't know why there has to be a national debate every time a one off tragedy happens now, it kind of has a numbing effect when there's a different debate every other week, to the point where you hear it on the radio and aren't as shocked as one should be. 

2 minutes ago, Millard Rausch said:

I really don't know why there has to be a national debate every time a one off tragedy happens now, it kind of has a numbing effect when there's a different debate every other week, to the point where you hear it on the radio and aren't as shocked as one should be. 

It’s not a one-off though is it

Obvious troll is obvious. 

Regarding that curfew thing, it’s switching the narrative. Since forever, it’s always been about what women and girls can do to prevent getting attacked and not what men and boys can do to stop attacking. It starts with toddlers. You see a boy pulling a girls pigtails and it’s all “Ah he likes you”. Boys will be boys (not the song, you funny lot) has a lot to answer for. 

I have to applaud that point @Keith Houchen. I can't really add anything because you said it so well but is such an important point.

I'm fed up of having to plan how I'm going to leave a venue if I go out on an evening, saying no to invites if there isn't a car park near by as I don't want to walk on my own or having to rely on my husband to pick me up to feel safe. It's not right that approximately half the population have to think this way.

As a man I’m obviously a bit of an authority on women’s issues and I was wondering if any amount of listening and education would stop a murderer or rapist from being fucking lunatics. Then seeing the response from men who at only being asked to listen and maybe consider making some small changes act as if they’re the one’s being targeted, attacked, intimidated and harassed I actually do think that education and listening would go quite some way to eradicating that sense of entitlement that leads the aforementioned lunatics down that path to the worse crimes imaginable. 

• Paid Members

fundamentally, there's going to be the sociopaths and nutters who will rape and murder and have zero empathy and there's probably nothing we can do to change their behaviour - but they're an extreme minority.

What we can work on is every incremental bit of behaviour before it gets to that point. The majority of sexual assaults aren't coming from a stranger lurking in an alleyway, they're coming from someone who was won the victim's trust, or taken advantage of them at a point of vulnerability. Many of them would be shocked and horrified to be called rapists, or to find that what they did would even be considered sexual assault or abuse. 

Sexual assault seems to be the only crime in the world where we're asked, "imagine if it happened to your wife/daughter/sister" before being expected to understand it; when someone's house is broken into, you're not asked "imagine if it was your house that was burgled" before you're expected to have empathy for the victims. That needs to change, to a point where empathy is the starting point.

How do we get there? Actually listening to women is part of it, rather than trying to argue their point or jump in with a "well, actually". The reason the whole "Not All Men" thing isn't helpful is because it comes across like a bloke expecting to be praised and congratulated for not assaulting women, whereas really that should be the fucking baseline, not something to pat yourself on the back about. Part of is examining your own behaviour - at some point we've probably all done something to make a woman feel uncomfortable, likely without realising it, and rather than the kneejerk response of "I didn't mean to", it's worth some self-examination and trying to understand why your words, actions, or body language might have been construed in that way in the first place.

The biggest thing men should be doing, though, is calling out their mates on this shit. Not politely laughing at sexist jokes and objectification of women. Not saying, "oh, that's just the way he is" about a bloke who tries it on with women who have had too much to drink on every night out, or always has a girlfriend half his age. Make it clear that their behaviour and their view of women is unacceptable - the point of that is fourfold; one, they might actually learn something, two, it won't reinforce those views in the minds of other mates in the group who perhaps think the same way but haven't voiced it, three, it could stop them from taking things too further (in all transgressions, you don't go from point A straight to point Z if point Z is deemed unacceptable, but if point A to point B isn't too much of a stretch, then point C soon starts to look not that bad, then point D, and so on all the way to the end), and four, it tells women that you won't stand for it. If women see that your response to a mate objectifying or targeting women is to make excuses, they're not going to trust you either, you're part of the problem.

The lesson we should have learned from "MeToo" was this - if almost every woman I know can say that they have experienced sexual assault or abuse at the hands of a man, what does this say about every man I know? That abuse didn't happen in a vacuum; it stands to reason that if every woman has been through it, then the odds are we all know men responsible, and treating sexual assault as a "woman's issue" is never going to address that. 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

The reason the whole "Not All Men" thing isn't helpful is because it comes across like a bloke expecting to be praised and congratulated for not assaulting women, whereas really that should be the fucking baseline, not something to pat yourself on the back about.

This in 150 point bold.  Men have become the butt of a Chris Rock (iirc) routine.

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

The “ideal solution” certainly isn’t Baroness Jones’ idea of a 6pm curfew for men. That’s a new level of Orwellian bullshit

It isn't, but if the threat of such a thing can inspire men into not acting like rape shit bags and it become safer for women to be outside alone then it's not the worst of ideas.