The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

Devon Malcolm

1 minute ago, Joe Blog said:

No I have not but regardless of who or what he is or was I would not allow him access to my child. 

There is no amount of money in the world that would make me subject my child to the attention of a abuser. Anyone that cannot see the issue here needs their head checked. 

Again, it was a different time. I seriously doubt that many of the parents who allowed their kids to interact with Jackson believed he might have been an abuser. There may have been a few who thought that they could take advantage of the situation for financial gain at some point, but for the most part I think the parents of those involved probably thought he was just a guy who was "still a kid at heart" and that their kids were all having fun at his cool funhouse and hanging out with celebrities and suchlike.

I remember being a kid back then, and I'd stay over at friends houses for the night or the weekend all the time. My parents kinda knew their parents, but that was about it. Today parents are more clued in and would probably want to know more about the people who's house their kid would be staying over at. It's just a different time, and I wouldn't really blame the parents all that much.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

No I have not but regardless of who or what he is or was I would not allow him access to my child. 

There is no amount of money in the world that would make me subject my child to the attention of a abuser. Anyone that cannot see the issue here needs their head checked. 

Victim blaming is one of the main reasons why predators like Jackson continue to exist and thrive in their crimes. Good work.

Just now, Devon Malcolm said:

Victim blaming is one of the main reasons why predators like Jackson continue to exist and thrive in their crimes. Good 

Oh come off it. Parents continuing to allow their children to spend time with someone who has been accused numerous times of abuse towards children without getting suspicous or concerned are clearly not protecting their children as best they can.

10 hours ago, FUM said:

I watched the doc and honestly feel that this was 2 families absolutely infatuated with Michael Jackson and are taking some sort of revenge for him shunning them knowing he can't defend himself. 

It's apparently not about money but both are suing for money. Folk on Twitter sending Macaulay Culkin prayers telling him he was abused whether he likes it or not need their heads checked too. 

It's a one sided documentary and the stories seemed so cliched to me. 

There is undeniably stuff Jackson shouldn't have been doing with these kids but as far as physically molesting them I am not sure I'm on board with that being true. 

It's a peculiar sort of revenge to take if so, given the guy being accused is dead. Would you be willing to be filmed telling such a horrible, elaborate story just to make some money? I wouldn't. Cliched? Really? I found some of the details chilling, and unlikely to be fabricated. Perhaps it's cliched in the sense that the pattern of grooming described seemed in keeping with other accounts of child molestation, but "shapeshifting global megastar luring pretty young white boys who dressed the same way he did to his haunted funfair" isn't a story I'm overly familiar with. 

The parents in the documentary were quite clearly appalled that they'd allowed themselves and their offspring to be seduced; I thought they were brave for being able to talk about something so horrible and hopefully it helps them to understand what happened. It's not every day the most famous bloke in the world strikes up a friendship with your seven-year-old, is it? People don't always act in the most logical ways at the best of times, but when you've got a master manipulator like Jackson at work, you can see how gambit paid off. 

As for evidence, I'm not sure what people want exactly - bloody underpants saved from 30 years ago? Video? Jackson was too cunning for that. Unless the crime is reported soon after it happened, it's very difficult to find physical evidence. Of course, all those creepy faxes he sent to his "little one" and "applehead" aren't in the slightest bit damning, are they? The comments from some of the jury members were quite illuminating; one woman thought he was innocent because she didn't like the way the mother clicked her fingers, another guy thought Jackson was guilty but didn't think the prosecution brought a strong enough case. A jury found OJ not guilty; it's not a flawless system. 

• Paid Members
Just now, Joe Blog said:

Oh come off it. Parents continuing to allow their children to spend time with someone who has been accused numerous times of abuse towards children without getting suspicous or concerned are clearly not protecting their children as best they can.

There were no accusations surrounding Jackson in the 80s as far as I remember, unless you're privy to information that I'm not.

1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

There were no accusations surrounding Jackson in the 80s as far as I remember, unless you're privy to information that I'm not.

The two men on this documetary were part of his defence for the first lot of accusations. Surely at that point alarm bells began ringing? 

18 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

The two men on this documetary were part of his defence for the first lot of accusations. Surely at that point alarm bells began ringing? 

They were adults by that point. The way I remember it, as a child of the 80s, was that people whispered about Jackson's seediness, but it wasn't until the Chandler accusation that it became a hot topic; people were more fascinated by his changing skin than his young companions. Let's just use some basic logic: is the type of guy who shares his bed with mini-mes and bombards them with phone calls and faxes likely to have some sexual attraction to them that he acted on? It's not that much of a stretch, really, is it?

Edited by Brewster McCloud

• Paid Members

It's always amazed me how many excuses people use when it comes to Michael Jackson. His house is a millionaires nonce cave. Everything from WrestleFest in the arcade room to the flying Scotsman in the theme park. He hung around with young kids, around 7 or 8, holding their hands, sleeping in their bed. A grown man. If this wasnt Michael Jackson, and it was Terry from ASDA, and you asked him "what you doing tonight Tel?" and he replied "just hanging around with my 7 year old mate and watching Batman Returns in my bed" you wouldnt think "well he's got a lot of love to give, has Terry."

It's so obviously he's a massive sexually predator. A manipulative weirdo, and if he didnt write good music people wouldnt be defending him so much. The excuses are so lame, too. "Well I blame the parents." As if that gives him any right to do what he did.

• Awards Moderator
22 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

The two men on this documetary were part of his defence for the first lot of accusations. Surely at that point alarm bells began ringing

Edited by Onyx2
Nvm

I think people have misunderstood my intitial post. I am very much in the "MJ was a child abuser who got away with it due to his fame" camp. What i meant in my first post was that people have used this documentary to make up their minds despite the evidence being out there for years. 

2 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

I think people have misunderstood my intitial post. I am very much in the "MJ was a child abuser who got away with it due to his fame" camp. What i meant in my first post was that people have used this documentary to make up their minds despite the evidence being out there for years. 

To be fair, it was you who mentioned the parents being at fault initially;

2 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

What really baffles me is the parents allowing their children to be under the care of Michael in his bedroom for these sleepover parties. What type of backward fucker let's their children sleep alone with an adult. 

Well I give a fuck. No doubt the Michael has used all of that to prey upon innocdnt children. Fact remains that the parents want dragged over the coals for allowing it. 

But the parents being shit are a small part of this entire story that people bringing it up is pointless. The story is JACKSON. Not some poor mother who was also groomed by a predator.