Sign in to follow this  
Devon Malcolm

The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

5 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Those Michael Jackson supporters make wrestling fans look normal. Some nutcases among that lot.

I remember when the verdicts were being read at his trial.  There was a fan outside with a box of doves, she released a dove every time the foreman of the jury said "Not guilty".  What the fuck was she going to do if he was found guilty on one of two counts?  Ring their fucking necks?

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

What the fuck was she going to do if he was found guilty on one of two counts?

Finger their arseholes as a tribute to the great man.

17 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Did the first boy Jordy Chandler admit later one he was made by his dad to make it up? Or am I making that up?

Wacko Jacko is a weird one. I was never a huge fan, though he did make some bangers, but I always he thought he was a victim of some kind of arrested development (not the band or the show) and just did things which seemed weird to us. 

No, you're not making it up: it transpired that Chandler's father (a dentist) administered sodium amytal to his son and persuaded him that Jackson had molested him while the boy was basically in a trance. That was a clear case of extortion - the father was heavily in debt and committed suicide not long after the trial. He also had form for trying to wangle money out of celebrities. Jackson paid the money rather than risk going to prison, which I'd say is fairly understandable. 

The best source to find out what Jackson was really like is J. Randy Tarraborreli's biography, Michael Jackson: The Magic, The Madness, The Whole Story. While Tarraborrelli (a childhood friend of Jackson's) stops short of outright accusing him of paedophilia, he nonetheless paints a pretty disturbing portrait of the guy. He also debunks some of the more common myths, like the arrested development thing: if Jackson really was trying to devote his adulthood to recreating an idealised version of childhood - sleepovers, funfairs, milk and cookies etc. - then such behaviour should have realistically stopped when Jackson was 36, but he continued luring boys Pied Piper-like to Neverland long after that. His childhood also wasn't nearly as grim as millions of others who didn't go on to behave in the way he did. 

Similarly, Jackson wasn't simply some oddball manchild: he was a hard-headed businessman when he wanted to be, like when he aggressively went after the Beatles' royalties. Lisa Marie Presley is quoted at length as saying that she and Jackson had a healthy sex life and he would use his normal, deeper voice behind closed doors. There's plenty of alarming testimonies, though, about Jackson wearing makeup and sharing his bed with countless boys after first inveigling himself into their family life. It would seem almost certain this bed sharing had a sexual element to it. 

Most of the "Wacko Jacko" tabloid stories (the oxygen chamber and the like) were started by Jackson himself, Taraborelli argues, as he was so sick of the media making stuff up about him that he attempted to play them at their own game. Of course this backfired horribly as the press then knew they had carte blanche to say whatever they liked about him and this contributed to his mental decline. Now, though, it might be concluded that Jackson was actually planting these stories to deflect attention from his fetish for prepubescent boys, much like Savile used his charidee work as a smokescreen.

As for David's point about the new witnesses/victims lacking credibility, I haven't seen the documentary, but the New York Times reviewer said they were convincing, giving lengthy, detailed accounts. It would seem highly doubtful that they would put themselves under such scrutiny and trauma just for the sake of the limelight/money. 

Edited by Brewster McCloud

4 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

So should I remove all MJ and R Kelly tracks from my playlist now or wait for Spotify to do it for me? 

I'm starting with The Man In The Mirror.

10 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

So should I remove all MJ and R Kelly tracks from my playlist now or wait for Spotify to do it for me? 

Louis Theroux said it best: "give it a year..." I get where he's coming from; it's not that hard to separate the artist from the crime, but you have to ask yourself if it's really worth it. Jackson's music was fantastic, but I'm not going to actively listen to it knowing what I now know about him. 

Edited by Brewster McCloud

11 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

Nobody should have any R Kelly tracks on their playlist, nonce or not.

Just now, Chest Rockwell said:

Wrong. Everyone should have Ignition remix on their playlist, nonce or not. 

Yup! Only R Kelly track I have. 

That and 'I Believe I Can Fly' are the only tracks I know he's done.

It's the remix to Ignition, I'd rather listen to cats pissin'.

9 minutes ago, Brewster McCloud said:

Louis Theroux said it best: "give it a year..." I get where he's coming from; it's not that hard to separate the artist from the crime, but you have to ask yourself if it's really worth it. Jackson's music was fantastic, but I'm not going to actively listen to it knowing what I now know about him. 

But you only know what you know based on what you've read and seen in this documentary. It doesn't make it fact.

I've not seen the doc yet, and when I do I may well be in the same mindset as you. But I genuinely hope it isn't true. Not just because I want to keep and continue to listen to his music, but mainly because if it isn't true then they'll be no victims.

23 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

What about those with a Michael Jackson tattoo? Asking for a friend. 

So is this an unbiased factual look at him, or is it just a matter of a couple of new people have came forward when there's a documentary to be made with a clear agenda?

I've always found that reading up on the whole MJ thing is infinitely more interesting and in-depth online than the documentaries made.