The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

Devon Malcolm

I'm no fan of Jackson, never really listened to his music or saw much beyond a weird dude who could bust a few moves, but having just scanned that article I'm not sure I'd be lighting up the torches and mapping out the route to the graveyard just yet.

They didn't just not make the claims before now, but they actually appeared as part of Jackson's defence in 2005, didn't they? Maybe I'm just an old cynic, but I think they've both seen the furore surrounding the recent claims against celebrity figures and thought "yeah, I could do with a piece of that action."

Especially now that the guy they're accusing is dead and by all accounts there's money flowing into his estate like never before. Coincidence? Maybe, and I know it's not the done thing to challenge those who have claimed they were abused, but I think this all looks a bit suspect.

Not that I'm defending Jackson, as he does seem like he was a proper weirdo by all accounts. Was he fiddling with kids? Possibly, but I'd be more inclined to believe the original accusers who were paid off (although that does raise its own questions) than I would be to believe these two guys, especially seeing as they were a part of the defence that fought Jackson's corner when he was alive.

• Paid Members

Did the first boy Jordy Chandler admit later one he was made by his dad to make it up? Or am I making that up?

Wacko Jacko is a weird one. I was never a huge fan, though he did make some bangers, but I always he thought he was a victim of some kind of arrested development (not the band or the show) and just did things which seemed weird to us. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I always he thought he was a victim of some kind of arrested development (not the band or the show) and just did things which seemed weird to us. 

I can't remember who it was who made this point, but when it's an ordinary bloke noncing kids, no one's making excuses for how he was mistreated or "never really had a childhood", yet Jackson gets carte blanche.

I'm never really comfortable with it being used in his defence, because if he did molest young boys, I doubt any of them are comforted by the argument that he only did it because he was in a pop group when he was eight.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, BomberPat said:

I can't remember who it was who made this point, but when it's an ordinary bloke noncing kids, no one's making excuses for how he was mistreated or "never really had a childhood", yet Jackson gets carte blanche.

I'm never really comfortable with it being used in his defence, because if he did molest young boys, I doubt any of them are comforted by the argument that he only did it because he was in a pop group when he was eight.

Oh thats not a defence if he was noncing kids. My argument only holds true if he just innocently hung out with kids and did things, like host sleepovers as if he was still a child.. There is no real defence if you are a nonce in my eyes

3 hours ago, David said:

They didn't just not make the claims before now, but they actually appeared as part of Jackson's defence in 2005, didn't they? Maybe I'm just an old cynic, but I think they've both seen the furore surrounding the recent claims against celebrity figures and thought "yeah, I could do with a piece of that action."

I get the impression that watching people talk about their experiences at length and thus engaging with them on a more human level has caused people who generally "scan" an article and come up with their take to actually consider things a little more closely. As you said, this isn't new news but the reactions of those who've seen the documentary have been pretty telling and thus I'd think it might be worth holding off opinions until actually engaging with the thing in question.

5 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Those Michael Jackson supporters make wrestling fans look normal. Some nutcases among that lot.

I remember when the verdicts were being read at his trial.  There was a fan outside with a box of doves, she released a dove every time the foreman of the jury said "Not guilty".  What the fuck was she going to do if he was found guilty on one of two counts?  Ring their fucking necks?