The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I'm pretty sure he'd done some pop ins at other clubs before this. I had heard of him doing a pop in set in either LA or NY a couple months ago.

It's really up to audiences (and bookers) to decide if he should still be out doing stand up. I don't really know when it comes to CK. He has to make a living, one assumes, and AFAIK the stuff he admitted to was nowhere near as bad as the stuff Spacey was accused of. There's a good article I'll try to find that was written by a female comic maybe a few months ago discussing the idea of forgiveness for Louis CK and him working again.

Also, seems a little harsh to link the "sexual misconduct" that one woman accused Aziz Ansari of with the shit Louis CK did.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
Just now, Devon Malcolm said:

He's a multi-millionaire. No he doesn't.

Well, sure. But he can try to continue to make money doing comedy. It's up to the people booking him and the people buying tickets to see him to stop him making a living doing comedy. And I don't think enough people (just going by reading shit online) think what Louis CK did was serious enough that he should be blackballed from comedy for life. A lot of people seem to be under the impression that because he asked permission once or twice before masturbating in front of co-workers and those under him, it's not so bad.

I would not be surprised, I'm afraid, if Louis CK is still able to sell out theatres all over the world.

• Paid Members

Louis CK is in complete control of this situation and he shouldn't be. If he goes to the promoter of a small comedy club and says to them, "Hey, can I do a show?" then it's very unlikely they will say no because of the attention that he brings. If CK had any understanding of what he has done at all, he wouldn't be putting them in that position in the first place. He should have stayed home and played with his acorn plonker in the mirror and done some knitting or something, I don't know.

He has to make a living is such bullshit.  HE can get a minimum wage job and make a living, not go back to the one that elevated him to the position of power he abused.  If making a living because it's his trade is a legit thing, I look forward to Animal Hospital returning, or whatever the presenter fronts, after all he has to earn a living, right?

• Paid Members

The manner of his return is an indicator that he has learned nothing and done nothing to attempt to mend what he has done. If he advertised his return then at least he gives audiences the chance to bow out of seeing him, rather than putting them in the uncomfortable position of appearing unannounced.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

He has to make a living is such bullshit.  HE can get a minimum wage job and make a living, not go back to the one that elevated him to the position of power he abused.  If making a living because it's his trade is a legit thing, I look forward to Animal Hospital returning, or whatever the presenter fronts, after all he has to earn a living, right?

Rolf's Cartoon Time, if we're going to have to have one.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

The manner of his return is an indicator that he has learned nothing and done nothing to attempt to mend what he has done. If he advertised his return then at least he gives audiences the chance to bow out of seeing him, rather than putting them in the uncomfortable position of appearing unannounced.

Nail on the head. It's the same with problematic wrestlers on the indy scene; let us know in advance so we can decide whether to support you or not. Don't chuck them in as mystery opponent or a bonus match.

If a promoter, whether it's the comedy club on the high street or your local BritWres fed,  feels he has to have them on the show but doesn't announce it, then he knows that they're a wrong'un so he himself is just as bad. 

Edited by Accident Prone