The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

No idea whether the allegations about Miller are true or not but I will say he came across as either a total loony toon or the most pretentious bastard in all of comedy after leaving Silicon Valley, based on interviews he did. 

I did read somewhere he had some sort of brain injury also. Whether or not that's relevant, I don't know. 

• 5 months later...
  • Paid Members

The Arrested Development cast did an interview with the New York Times. It was quite something. All the male cast one by one have since apologised to Jessica Walter, after she broke down crying talking about Jeffery Tambor being an abusive cunt. You get a real sense of what Hollywood is truly like. The lads going "happens all the time, it's all overblown" and the woman having to actually say "I need to get over it." It was all pretty sad.

• Paid Members

The thing is where do you draw the line between harrassment and just being yelled at? Because this sounded like one incident, and other accounts have stated Walter was guilty of doing the same thing to another actress. Without knowing what was said and why it's hard to say in this case, but I wouldn't personally class one incident of being yelled at as harrassment.

38 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

The thing is where do you draw the line between harrassment and just being yelled at? Because this sounded like one incident, and other accounts have stated Walter was guilty of doing the same thing to another actress. Without knowing what was said and why it's hard to say in this case, but I wouldn't personally class one incident of being yelled at as harrassment.

It's Jeffrey Tambor, a man who was fired from a show for harassment.  He has form for it and, quite importantly, apologised to Walter for the way he treated her.  So on that basis, I'm going with harassment.  She was quick to point out that it wasn't sexual harassment like it was on Transparent.  I noticed how male cast members on the panel were all sweeping it under the carpet but Alia Shawkat defended her.

• Paid Members

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/lines-got-blurred-jeffrey-tambor-an-up-close-look-at-harassment-claims-transparent-1108939

Is there a more up-to-date article about what happened on Transparent, or is this pretty much where it stands - the latest stuff about AD aside - as of now?

6 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Apparently they were all supposed to be coming to do a bunch of media stuff in London, but that’s been cancelled in the wake of these reports 

Yeah they had been announced for MCM Comic Con from today through to Sunday, the interview broke and suddenly MCM put a tweet out announcing their appearances were cancelled