The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Yeah. I read his tweets this morning and was shaking my head in disbelief at how stupid they are. Thankfully, like Keith's post, he's rightfully getting called out on the supposed apology.

He is an undisputed bellend, though. All manner of stories of him treating people like absolute shite - whether that be a support group or Neil Finn.

22 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Imagine you'd released 6 albums and had gold records, then your spouse and your soulmate dismissed your lifes work by belittling your talent.  It's saying that he was authentic and she was fake, you don't think that's going to have an effect?  It's hardly a throwaway comment, is it?

Also, it's not totting up points to see what deserves contempt and what doesn't, it cheapens and puts a priority on what constitutes "Proper" abuse.  It stops people coming forward even more because not only do they think they won't be believed but they won't be taken seriously because at least they didn't get raped so stop moaning.

Well, what the NYT article says is this:

And he lashed out in ways that Moore came to consider psychologically abusive.

Adams lorded his artistic accomplishments over her, she said. “He would always tell me, ‘You’re not a real musician, because you don’t play an instrument.’”

It depends on that "would always" and the manner in which Adams' remark was made, doesn't it? It would be nice to know when being a bit of an arse becomes "psychological abuse" and when such matters need to be discussed in an accusatory manner in a public forum. Or, are we simply accepting that if I consider that I'm being abused in some way then I must be being abused in some way because I'm the victim here? Are her albums and gold records relevant in any way to the hurtfulness of the remark? Is such a remark more hurtful commensurate with the achievements of the target? Who are we encouraging to "come forward" here, anyway? The people whose spouses are deemed to have belittled their professional ability and thus psychologically abused them? Well, maybe just the famous ones, we don't have all day for this shit now.

The accusations against the underage girl are far more serious than encouraging someone to pick up a tambourine, so baby/bathwater and all that. 

Edited by Brewster McCloud

R Kelly has turned himself in to Chicago Police after an arrest warrant was issued for him on Friday. Charged with 10 counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse, 9 of which involves minors.

The indictment came weeks after the airing of the documentary series, Surviving R Kelly, contained decades of allegations of abuse from many women, including the singer's ex-wife.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47338368

On 2/14/2019 at 8:34 AM, theringmaster said:

‘You’re not a real musician, because you don’t play an instrument.’

At least now I have a name for what my mate hollers at those annoying buskers who set themselves up with a microphone and a backing track in Glasgow at the weekend. He's now officially "Ryan Adamsing" them.