The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

Devon Malcolm

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
25 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Absolutely, seems like a right bellend, so I'm not mega surprised. His twattery did lead to that great story of him storming off stage one night because some guy kept shouting for "Summer of '69". 

It's an odd take to think that Adams is the twat in this situation tbh

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, mim731 said:

Is it? It was clearly a bit of light hearted banter from an idiot in the crowd and he flounced off stage like a right diva. 

If someone 'kept shouting' that at a gig & the security or rest of the audience didn't do anything then fuck em'. 'Flouncing off like a diva' is a term reserved for when you've not got the right water on stage or whatever excuse Morrissey is using for walking off stage this week. Not for when you're being consistently heckled.

I just find the idea strange that an audience member repeatedly shouts shit, the artist just wants to do their job without being rudely interrupted & it's the artist who's in the wrong when they refuse to tolerate it any more. It reeks of entitlement from the audience.

Reading through the Ryan Adams accusations it's a bit weak imo, sure he's a bit of a sleaze but he's hardly a Harvey Weinstein type figure that some of the headlines make you believe.

Also

‘You’re not a real musician, because you don’t play an instrument.’

I'm sorry but how is this mental abuse? Are we at that stage now?

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

If someone 'kept shouting' that at a gig & the security or rest of the audience didn't do anything then fuck em'. 'Flouncing off like a diva' is a term reserved for when you've not got the right water on stage or whatever excuse Morrissey is using for walking off stage this week. Not for when you're being consistently heckled.

I just find the idea strange that an audience member repeatedly shouts shit, the artist just wants to do their job without being rudely interrupted & it's the artist who's in the wrong when they refuse to tolerate it any more. It reeks of entitlement from the audience.

Fair enough. There's probably a wider debate to be had about audience entitlement, but I take you point that heckling is dumb, and  it's not the artist in the wrong there . Normally I'd probably agree, but I have an ingrained dislike of Ryan Adams, so this situation tickled me. 

2 hours ago, theringmaster said:

Reading through the Ryan Adams accusations it's a bit weak imo, sure he's a bit of a sleaze but he's hardly a Harvey Weinstein type figure that some of the headlines make you believe.

Getting your knob out for a 15 year old girl isn’t a weak accusation. If you think it is then you might want to have a word with yourself. 

4 hours ago, theringmaster said:

‘You’re not a real musician, because you don’t play an instrument.’

I'm sorry but how is this mental abuse?

Imagine you'd released 6 albums and had gold records, then your spouse and your soulmate dismissed your lifes work by belittling your talent.  It's saying that he was authentic and she was fake, you don't think that's going to have an effect?  It's hardly a throwaway comment, is it?

Also, it's not totting up points to see what deserves contempt and what doesn't, it cheapens and puts a priority on what constitutes "Proper" abuse.  It stops people coming forward even more because not only do they think they won't be believed but they won't be taken seriously because at least they didn't get raped so stop moaning.

Ian Huntley only killed two girls, he's hardly Shipman or Bundy. (Just in case it isn't spotted, that's satirising downplaying what constitutes our opposition to abuse)

• Paid Members

It's a silly point to make. Clearly it was something that Moore found deeply upsetting, hence why she brought it up. It's all words aimed at rendering the well of self-esteem completely dry, that's what abusers do and it can leave their partners incapable of looking past their insecurities. Telling someone you're supposed to love "Doesn't matter. You're actually really shit" is such repulsive behaviour.

Edited by ColinBollocks

11 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

It's all words aimed at rendering the well of self-esteem completely dry, that's what abusers do and it can leave their partners incapable of looking past their insecurities.

Speaking of which,