UFC Fight Night: Bisping vs Gastelum - Nov 25

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just FYI, BT have only scheduled this for 2 hours and 30 minutes. Having worked w/ the EPG department in Sky (very briefly and boringly) I know that BT are fucking terrible at live updating their EPG, and ends of recordings are often missed if a show goes long. Might be best to record the show afterwards if you’re recording.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. That ain’t the one.

Poor Micky.

I can’t see him not going out on his arse, either, if they give him a Romero/Rockhold level fighter.

As much as it’ll be a tragedy to not see Bisping/Romero, I’d rather they gave him Dad Vitor and give him a chance for a nice moment.

That Gastelum though. Oof. Nearly took his head right off.

• Paid Members

What if Saggy Vitor beats him again though? I mean, I'd favour Bisping at this point but can you imagine? Vitor's a shell of himself but he's still dangerous early. How depressing an end to Bisping's career would that be? 

Gutted. Gastelum's a really good fighter and I've always said he's got huge potential if he keeps his head on right and his conditioning in order. But I can't help feel like Bisping rushing in so quick after the GSP fight was a big part of what we just saw. Not even making an excuse but he really didn't look himself to me this week. Have you ever seen Bisping look so not arsed during his walkout? He's usually fired up and matching towards the cage like a madman. Here he was just casually strolling in smiling. It's understandable given the circumstances but he didn't seem to be up for this. 

Thought Anik was going to cry when he was interviewing Bisping at the end there. 

Honestly, props to Bisping for stepping up, like I said on the first page, but it was always going to end in a fashion similar to this, right? Kelvin's younger, stronger, faster and hasn't taken half the damage that Mike has over his career. Didn't think it would be THAT brutal though.

As much as I took my moment to be a smartarse, I hope they match him up well for his final fight. After seeing what a blown up welterweight just did to him, keep him the fuck away from a top 10 guy. Anik and Hardy just did their post fight breakdown and suggested Lyoto Machida, which I love. An elder statesman with an exciting striking style, perfect match for Bisping's style.

• Paid Members

A boo!

I wasn't expecting great things when I saw Bisping walk out and look like this is just a nice interlude between the Eastenders Omnibus. The hook that caught him was terrifying.

Probably should have just retired weeks ago, because I too doubt he's getting the movie send off win he's hoping for.

• Paid Members

I no longer have any interest in seeing Bisping vs. Vitor or Romero. The last thing I want to see is him getting his head smashed off in his retirement fight. It’s almost a shame that the UFC don’t do anything of the sort, because after seeing that tonight I’d much rather Bisping is just brought into the Octagon for a Hall of Fame ceremony in London, with video montage played or something. If he takes a fight I think he’s going out on his back. 

The Romero fight would probably be a slaughter. However, I still think that Bisping would be fine to face Belfort. 

The Kelvin fight probably created a false impression of how shot Bisping is. Not only did Bisping take it on short notice, but Kelvin's striking is deadly. He scored a knockdown on Chris Weidman last time out. It was only 3 weeks ago that Bisping was giving GSP issues; and giving quite a good account of himself. 

Belfort is pretty shot himself. He's been stopped in 3 out of his last 4 bouts (including by Kelvin), and went to the cards with Nate Marquardt; a fighter who has lost 7 out of his last 10 bouts before facing Belfort. If the Bisping who fought GSP can show up against Belfort; then I would favour Bisping to get the win. 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, jimufctna24 said:

The Kelvin fight probably created a false impression of how shot Bisping is. 

Definitely a bit of this. It was shit seeing him put away like that in a round but I think it has created a bit of a distorted impression of Bisping. I don't think he's shot. A shot fighter wouldn't have performed as he did against GSP. But it can't be overstated how mental jumping straight back in with Gastelum 3 weeks later was. There's a reason that doesn't usually happen. He fought the GOAT, got rocked and choked out, then 3 weeks later he's flying halfway across the globe to fight a young savage like Gastelum. It's well and good us all going on about it being a 'gangster move' and all that shite but it was always going to be way more risk than reward. He didn't take any time to rest and recover after that GSP fight, and it was a hard and gruelling fight. That's big. 

I don't want to see Bisping go on too long but I think he's fine for one more fight in March. Like you say, Gastelum's a killer who's really coming into his own. You look back at his losses and it's only really the Weidman fight where he was convincingly beaten. And then then he had his moments. His other losses were really close decisions. 

I think Bisping's earned the right to go out his terms with a fight in the UK. Let him rest up over Christmas and New Years with his family and then give him a full camp for his farewell fight. 

• Paid Members

Im surprised no one is mentioning Masvidal as Bisping's last opponent? 

They had that run in leading up to UFC 217 and he's been calling out Bisping ever since. He was also in Shanghai saying he would step in if Gastelum couldn't fight.

With him being the smaller guy, similar in size to GSP, it certainly makes it a safer fight for Bisping and he will get a guy who's certainly willing to put his share in from a hype persepective.

Archived