UFC Fight Night: Bisping vs Gastelum - Nov 25

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Bisping was on the MMA Hour and said he's planning on retiring on the London show in March. Zero fat on his answer. Looks like he's just looking for a pay day before that.

It makes sense he's probably on the biggest base salary in his career but won't be getting PPV points and there's probably no way he can earn more money in MMA be it as a pundit or coach.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Here's that MMA Hour interview with Bisping for those who didn't catch it; 

Talks about how this fight with Kelvin Gastelum came about, Anderson's test failure, the GSP fight and retiring on the London show next year. 

• Paid Members

Sorry for triple posting but this is this Saturday people. 

Here's Chael talking about Bisping's 'gangster move' of stepping in on short notice;

And he's picking Gastelum to win. Which probably means Bisping's taking this one. Chael's usually terrible at fight predictions. 

And a pre-fight interview with Bisping from MMAJunkie;

• Paid Members

For those unaware, this is starts at 12pm (GMT). Wonderfully, because I'll probably be nursing a hangover, BT Sport follow it up with some Rugby and Liverpool v Chelsea.

Anyway, this is a weird main event because it's almost like no one is particularly arsed with how Bisping does. It's like we're watching some retirement tour instead.

• Paid Members

Can't see Gastelum submitting Bisping myself. I mean, stranger things have happened and I said the same about GSP vs Bisping, so you know. But GSP is GSP. I just don't think Gastelum has the submission game to catch Bisping. 

I am fancying a Gastelum win though. I like him but I really hope I'm wrong as I'd love to see Bisping get back in the win column here. But I think the combination of the quick turnaround, Gastelum coming in fresh and being the younger man, plus Gastelum's skills and strengths anyway, it's a big ask for Bisping. Even if they were both coming in 100% after a specific long camp for each other I might pick Gastelum. Under the circumstances of this one I'm leaning towards him even more. 

You never know. If Bisping can make it a long fight I could see his high volume attack wearing on Gastelum down the stretch and Bisping finishing strong and taking a decision. But I've got a sinking feeling that Gastelum overwhelms him and stops him in the middle rounds. 

You're more than welcome to quote this when I'm inevitably wrong and Gastelum submits him with a flying, inverted spinning twister though. 

• Paid Members

When you think about it as well, the first conclusion you jump to when someone misses or struggles with the weight is that they've been lazy. Especially a regular weight misser like Gastelum. But it could also be down to an injury in camp that's made the cut more difficult. If Gastelum's carrying an injury and not just ordering off Just Eat every night then that could even things up for Bisping. 

I'd love to see Bisping win this. What a great end to the year that'd be for him. 

Archived