UFC Fight Night: Bisping vs Gastelum - Nov 25

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I don't know the exact contract relationship UFC has with them, but I'd be tempted to have Bisping's last fight be against somebody stepping up from Cage Rage/Cage Warriors/BAMMA or whatever. Chances are he wins and everyone goes home happy. If he loses, you've put eyes on a new name for UFC's UK audience.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah, that sounds good to me. It'd be good to see an upcoming young fighter give a good account of himself against Bisping, win or lose; of course, the only downside is that, if said fighter loses convincingly, that's a potential addition to the roster wasted for a guy retiring. But that's unlikely; if they're moving up from a British promotion, chances are they're good enough to be a challenge, but also inexperienced enough at elite level to lose to an elite veteran like Bisping.

7 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Bisping vs Machida has always appealed to me for some reason. Makes sense for both at this stage too.

Yes! 

Masvidal, no thank you. Bisping has just lost to two 170lbers in a row, he doesn't need a loss to a third.  TBF - when he was interviewed on the MMA Hour, and all his social media since, it was clear his head was in the clouds.  Go in with less than 100% focus against a top 10 guy and you're getting slayed. 

• Paid Members
On 26/11/2017 at 7:36 AM, lambyUK said:

Im surprised no one is mentioning Masvidal as Bisping's last opponent? 

They had that run in leading up to UFC 217 and he's been calling out Bisping ever since. He was also in Shanghai saying he would step in if Gastelum couldn't fight.

With him being the smaller guy, similar in size to GSP, it certainly makes it a safer fight for Bisping and he will get a guy who's certainly willing to put his share in from a hype persepective.

if the UFC want to put a fight together that can get one last dose of a Bisping hype job going in, that's the fight to make. The Rockhold/Romero ship has sailed for me and unless they want to give him some kind of older statesman showcase fight, i think the Masvidal fight is perfect.

As for Saturday, i only saw the last 5 fights but it was good stuff. I knew Bisping was doomed from the moment he walked out, he just seemed to relaxed, i know he's got experience and he probably saw it as another day in the office, but to go in against a young, dangerous fighter like Kelvin is just not good. That's a KO Bisping didn't need to take at this point in his career.

The two Chinese fighters winning on the main card was nice, both looked impressive. I'm not sure how often the UFC plan on returning to China but they've got a nice little core of guys there now to pick from.

The King of Kung Fu didn't show a lot, but i'm still interested to see him fight again, the UFC need to throw him a bone and match him up favourably, Alex Garcia wasn't gonna play that game.

Highlight of the card again for me though was Magomedsharipov. I genuinely feel that by the end of 18 he's going to be in title contention, the guy seems to have it all. He's uniquely sized at the weigh, he has the standup, has a wrestling backgroud and his BJJ game looked smooth. The guy's a handful and he's fun to watch. If we are doing gonna name guys to look out for in 2018, he's number 1 on the list for me.

Archived