Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Anyone have any Halloween traditions? Aside from watching the Terror episode of Bottom, because I know we all do that.

I always watch The Shining but the last few years I watched a horror film with my eldest. She's 10 now and last year we watched Tremors but although she liked it, she said she wanted something scarier this year. So we're putting A Serbian Film on. Not really, it's Poltergeist.

I'll also probably eat a full box of Fiendish Fancies.

I always try and watch either the original Halloween or Season of the Witch on the day itself. I'll be felling pretty down for much of the day though as Oct 31st would have been my dad's 65th birthday and this will be our second year without him. The only brightside will be seeing what my niece (18 months) and nephew (6) dress up like when they come for tea that evening

• Paid Members

I'm not a huge horror movie fan, at least not modern stuff. And my girlfriend can't watch anything even remotely scary, so for Halloween we usually just carve pumpkins and go to a party. We went to one last night but the hosts specifically said they weren't interested in seeing scary costumes. I don't know why. So we went as Rick and Morty. My girlfriend was Morty. 

• Paid Members

17 minutes ago, ThumpSquids said:

Reminisce about the year 'Ghost Watch' first aired. No-one at school the following day talked about anything else.   

We always watch Ghost Watch with the kids on Halloween night, just for nostalgia purposes and to talk with them about how scary it was at the time. All they do is laugh all the way through it. Also, in recent years we have replaced watching "Halloween" with Trick r Treat as our late night watch when the brats have been sent to bed...

• Paid Members

I can't be arsed with Halloween. If it wasn't for the Simpsons special every year it would have no redeeming feature. 

It's worst offence is students on a night out, who are bad enough before they get given reason to be more of a cunt than normal. 

Now bonfire night, that's an evening I can get behind.

• Paid Members

Love Halloween. Not the dressing up or any of that shite. Love the theme of it and the programmes that follow. My Halloween Playlist is:

-Ghost Watch.

-Carry On Screaming.

-Bottom Terror.

-One or maybe all Roseanne Halloween episodes.

-SummerSlam 92 (this just reminds me of 1992 Halloween because I was addicted to this show around that time.)

-Treehouse of Horrors of course.

Cant get enough of it. Anyone seen the Ghost Watch documentary they put out a few years back? Any good? Cant believe in 2017 they havent made it available for instant download.

On 29/10/2017 at 10:19 PM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Anyone seen the Ghost Watch documentary they put out a few years back? Any good? Cant believe in 2017 they havent made it available for instant download.

The Beeb got thousands of complaints and one teenager committed suicide, so they don't tend to think of it as their finest hour. They've written about it here though.

• Moderators
On 29/10/2017 at 10:59 AM, Tommy! said:

I can't be arsed with Halloween. If it wasn't for the Simpsons special every year it would have no redeeming feature. 

It's worst offence is students on a night out, who are bad enough before they get given reason to be more of a cunt than normal. 

Now bonfire night, that's an evening I can get behind.

You do realise this puts you in a bracket with Richie freebird, right?

Fuck Bommy Night.

Archived