CLOCKS GO BACK!! (SUNDAY 29TH OCT 2017 2AM)

bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, KJHenley said:

We had this conversation at work yesterday:

"Is it this weekend the clocks go back?"

"I don't know, I'll just wait for Baz to tell me". Cue confused looks.

Nice to see I'm not the only one that will refer to Baz in conversations as if everybody in the world knows who he is.

N

2 hours ago, Abe Mikkel said:

Haha nothing to do with Brexit or religion. Someone I know is flying back from Benidorm tomorrow and they were unsure if it would effect their morning pick up time. 

Never understood how Spain is an hour in front of us when the country is directly south from here (and a chunk of it to the west of anywhere in the UK).

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

N

Never understood how Spain is an hour in front of us when the country is directly south from here (and a chunk of it to the west of anywhere in the UK).

It was on the same zone as us until 1942. Hitler went to visit Franco and said "I know you're neutral in the war, but I'm a fascist, you're fascist, how about you lend us a hand?" to which Franco said "Nah, not really into fighting right now, but we could move to the same time zone to show a bit of support."

I remember on one of my old cars I had no clue how to change the clock so half the year it would be wrong which would irritate me, even more so when passengers would then comment with things like 'It isn't really that time is it?'.

I have recently purchased a new car so hopefully its a nice easy change, but I'm lazy though and don't like sitting in the car stationary so am always on the go so make excuses not to do it or would forget and realise when driving.

• Paid Members

My old Mr Men alarm clock had its mechanism off kilter, so that when the minute hand was at twelve, the hour hand would be halfway between the numbers. 

All I had to do was remember when to count the hour it was before and when to count the hour it was after, so that never got changed.

The clock in the car will get changed in 6-8 weeks, as is the tradition.

• Paid Members

We've been staying up at the in-laws in t'North (well, North to us) this weekend and got home just over an hour ago.

As we've been away we haven't been able to change the clocksate home yet and completely forgot they were ahead. Without realising, we sent the kids to bed an hour early.

Hurrah! An extra hour in bed this morning AND an extra hour peace tonight!

• Paid Members

Completely forgot about it, and ended up with an extra hour at the Halloween metal night I went to. Which turned out to be a bit of a slog - an extra hour when pissed flies by, but an extra hour when sober on a night out, as I was, feels like it takes a week.

Archived