CLOCKS GO BACK!! (SUNDAY 29TH OCT 2017 2AM)

bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Right it's that time of year again where I worry about Mum flying on the ice again. Urgh. Let's get this out the way..

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 29TH AT 2AM
IT'S WRESTLLLLLLEEEEMMMMAAAAAANNNNNNNNNIIIAAAAAA!¬!!!!!!!!!!

It's not really. Clocks go back, so it goes back to 1am, meaning we get an extra hour of sleep and it gets dark about 4pm.

QJGYVz1.jpg

MI0000678195.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

• Paid Members

When I was a kid, we had one clock in the kitchen. One year, it didn't get put forward and I went to school an hour early. Wondered why the place was desolate. We'd gone through all of Sunday with the time wrong.

Is it even possible to forget now? The laptop, mobile and Sky box all show the right time. The clock on the wall is almost decoration.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

When I was a kid, we had one clock in the kitchen. One year, it didn't get put forward and I went to school an hour early. Wondered why the place was desolate. We'd gone through all of Sunday with the time wrong.

Is it even possible to forget now? The laptop, mobile and Sky box all show the right time. The clock on the wall is almost decoration.

I think there’s only one older generation who might get it wrong based on not being tech savvy. However, it’s the same generation that can probably tell the time by looking at shadows on the floor, so yeah, no escuse really now.

Serious questions for parents:

My baby tends to wake up at 6.00am on the dot... I’m getting up at 5.00am aren’t I?

• Paid Members

I'll have to reset the microwave clock and change the time on the boiler in the kitchen. My microwave clock is dodgy because it's as though it's stationary while the rest of the house is moving. It always seems to end up about 7-8 minutes fast within a week or so of being set.

• Paid Members

I am an adult now, with all the horrible weight that carries, and am more than aware of the clocks changing. However, like Christmas and not watching the Queen's Speech, it wouldn't be the end of BST without Baz. Godspeed you, Mr TNM!

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Abe Mikkel said:

Do the clocks go back same time in Europe? 

Only the none Muslim countries.  Islamic law states that time must be constant throughout the year.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Abe Mikkel said:

Do the clocks go back same time in Europe? 

WE'RE LEAVING, GET OVER IT

I actually just put back all the mechanical clocks in my house just now. Why not? I plan to watch The Orville's latest episode and read the new book by/about Mauricio Pochettino, so why do I care what time it is?

Archived