Build an ultimate Survivor Series team

HarmonicGenerator

Mine'd be entirely classic guys.

Trashing the entire opposite team right out the gate? Gotta be Sid. And not the Master and Ruler of the World. The clumsy gurning sweating green mountain of terrifying muscles that abandoned opponents mid-move and head dropped jobbers like they were breadcrumbs being thrown at ducks. He's first in, and batters the everloving fuck out of everyone he sees. No-selling tackles and airplane-spinning cruisers out of the ring. Figure he's good for two eliminations and one early head injury, so two and a half. Then loses his thread and forgets to get back in and gets counted out. Sigh.

For the workhorses, it's two guys who could both go for days but in different ways - the Hollywood Blonds. Quick tags, a focussed assault following Sid's opening salvo, and good for a brawl or a technical twister. Realistically though, that'd be probably one more elimination (so that's 3.5) but then Pillman would eat a surprise rollup when they celebrate with a camera pose.

With the tag guys as a backbone like that, my fourth man would be a little different - Jake the Snake Roberts. Few to no tags, just dipping in and out mopping stuff up to keep the plan on track. But of course, now it's Austin and Roberts, and weird sci fi future memories start to come through. Sure, it's two on 0.5, but the Snake and the Rattlesnake keep needling each other. One last argument over a forced tag and Austin ends up pushed off the apron, Jake gets dropkicked in the back of the head over the top, and both eat some fiery face outside anything-goes shenanigans. Back in the ring, good guy chicanery leads to Jake accidentally DDTing Austin, who eats a 3 and it's down to a wobbly Jake and a probably-concussed babyface.

Austin rolls out and comes to, while the final standoff goes down in the ring. The face is fireing up, but when Jake looks to Austin, he gets the double-middle-fingers  and he marches to the back. Jake turns back and takes a faceful of forearms and well-deserved beatings, so he bails out but gets no respite. The face is at full steam, chasing him around the ring and laying in with a proper ringpost and apron-assisted hiding. He finally gets down the aisle, begging off all the way, but who should come back through the curtain but Austin with a steel chair. Suddenly struck with an unusually short memory, Jake breaks into his finest rapist grin, offering up the face to Austin and his chair. But no! Austin waffles Jake across the back and drags his doubled-up carcass back to the ring. He stands him up, chair in hand, and asks the ref "Anything goes, right?" Sure, says Hebner, coz he's the worst. But then Austin throws away the chair and hits Jake with a full force Stunner straight into the final face's finish.

Fuck.

• Paid Members

From the depths of Japan in 1993 come "Crusher" Bam Bam Bigelow, Big Van Vader & The Miracle Violence Connection.

They take on the 70s finest all Texan team of Dusty Rhodes, Stan "The Lariat" Hansen and Terry & Dory Funk Jr.

Personally I'd say the five man teams are more classic & traditional than the four man teams.

I like a top guy, a young up and comer with the potential to be a top guy, a seasoned mid card veteran & a good tag team to make up my team.

A heel team of HHH (2000), Brock Lesnar (2002), Jake Roberts (1991) & thePowers of Pain (1989) would be pretty good IMO.

Opposing them would be a face team of - The Rock (2000), John Cena (2004), Roddy Piper (1992) & The Hardys (2000).

What a fascinating topic with a great endless list of opportunity! 

So my team is going to start with an experienced tag team with plenty of mileage The Dudley Boyz , both tough and a 3D or two may be just what is required to finish things off. 

The team needs to win at all costs so I need someone who may bend the rules every so often as well as providing some great assault. Welcome Eddy Guerrero. 

Now finally I need my power player, do I go for a Lesnar or a Strowman? Strongly considered but both loose canons especially Braun who may end up costing me the match. My final spot is going to Batista. May also have a tendency to be a loose canon on occasion but at least has team experience to show he can at least hold it together for one night. 

Now for the name. Lyin Cheatin Power Boyz. Pure cheese 101.  

• Paid Members

Too hard, so I’m going to narrow mine down to 1989. I hope you don’t mind, but I’m going to also pick an opponent team. I’m also going to make the teams somewhat relevant to each other and make some tweaks to specific previous survivor series teams, involving the match that I believe should have been. So to start with, these are my Goodies: 

I fully agree that a tag team is needed and I think I’d prefer to have 2 fast paced high flyers with plenty of stamina. As the match progresses and the opponents start to tire, having the advantage of fast hot tagging, with lightening fast double teaming could make all of the difference. Based on this, I’m going with The Rockers.

I agree that a technical Master is needed so that all grounds are covered, tying knots and wearing down the opponents potentially causing frustration and capitalising on mistakes. He also has the psychological advantage of being an unknown quantity and a scary dude, not forgetting his slithering equaliser.. my second pick is Jake Roberts.

The captain for me needs to have the strength and the braun, has to be larger than life. If the chips are down, he must find the energy in his reserves, dig deep and harness the additional energy from the crowd. He has to be willing to go that extra yard. He has to frighten his opponents with his sheer mass and aura. He basically has to be, The Ultimate Warrior.

Now their heel adversaries need to also encompass similar qualities, but they also need to demonstrate what they are willing to do to get the job done, no matter how devious or sneaky they need to be.

If the Rockers are the kings of speed, what can possibly slow them down? Everything else, is the answer. A team that can technically and powerfully wear down any foe. A team that had arguably more experience than any other team in WWE at the time (even if that experience was gained elsewhere), a team that has an illustrious manager looking for the weak spots and knowing when it’s time to regroup (and distract the ref). A team where their 3 brains (not including their SS partners) are better than the oppositions 4. It has to be the Brain Busters.

Jake might rule the roost when it comes to psychological technical ability but their is one man who can arguably match Jake as a technician, but also adds an additional element of athleticism. He’s not interested in being just good, he’s not interested in putting in half a shift, he’s not happy unless he is the absolute best and his opponents recognise that he is Mr Perfect.

The captain was obvious and it’s a man with plenty of positive experience when dealing with the Warrior. He not only looks better than the Warrior, he knows where the Warrior displays weakness. His vanity is enough to wind up the Warrior and when the Warrior is shouting and pounding his own chest, this man knows what, when and how to chop the Warrior down. He is a total package, he’s a very quick and agile individual, he can wrap you up and hold you down if needs be, he’s technically gifted, and his advantage is that looks can be deceiving.. I mean, although completely shredded, he’s half the size of the Warrior, allowing him to be a hell of a lot more agile, but he is also renowned for being able to pack a punch. He’s hard as nails and looks like an Adonis, he’s simply Ravishing Rick Rude.

Warrior, Jake, Shawn & Marty

VS

Rude, Perfect, Arn & Tully.

• Paid Members

Roddy Piper, Brock Lesnar, Mark Henry, Andre The Giant.

Simply, I like the idea of prime Hot Rod talking as much shite as he wants, while he's got three biggest and baddest dude behind him and mauling anyone that says otherwise. Of course, cue the a classic bit of miscommunication for the babyface comeback. 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

Roddy Piper, Brock Lesnar, Mark Henry, Andre The Giant.

Simply, I like the idea of prime Hot Rod talking as much shite as he wants, while he's got three biggest and baddest dude behind him and mauling anyone that says otherwise. Of course, cue the a classic bit of miscommunication for the babyface comeback. 

Vs Hogan, Goldberg, Batista and obviously Beefcake.

Just because it would be nice to have a team of vaguely batshit insane people.

Jeff Hardy

AJ Styles

John Morrison

Neville

Call it Flipz, Trickz n Shizzle. Star Power, Maineventers, wrestlers who can go and  clearly small enough to get decimated against a Hoss Team of Earthquake, Typhoon, Braun Strauman,, and Brock Lesnar. 

Well squashes are fun :)

• Paid Members

Demolition

Heidenreich

Big Gene Snitsky

Managed by her that used to hang around with the Bashams.

"Bondage & Broomsticks"

Vs 

'The Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels

Mike Kanellis

Salvatore Sincere

'Sexual Chocolate' Mark Henry

Managed by Brother Love

"The Love Boat"

The main event:

Davey Boy Smith

Ultimate Warrior

The Smoking Gunns

"The Cocaine Cowboys"

Sang to the ring by The West Texas Rednecks

Vs 

Faarooq

Savio Vega

Crush

Kurrgan

"The Intercontinental Gang Affiliation Unit"

This would be a lumberjack match, with all of the other members of the Truth Commission, DOA, Los Boricuas, Nation of Domination, Oddities, D-X, NWO, LWO, BWO, MIA, 4 Horsemen, The Heenan Family and The Hart Foundation at ring side. It would be the most expensive main event in history, but I'm confident that it would deliver. 

• Paid Members

A team of nothing but giants, so:

Andre
The Big Show
Great Khali
Kevin Nash

against the fat-monsters:

Yokozuna
Big Daddy V
Earthquake
Typhoon

Ohhhh, they be clubberin'. It would most likely be utter dross, but the spectacle would be something else.

How about "Goldberg & The Rip-Offs"?

Goldberg
Brock Lesnar
Bobby Lashley
Ryback

A team of utter destruction, brought to you in triple speed.

Archived