Sign in to follow this  
jazzygeofferz

That Star Trek thread somebody was talking about

3 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

I devoured it instantly. So right. The last ten minutes in particular is a love letter to what could've been. Trek up to Enterprise is so optimistic and thought provoking, while Picard is generically garbage. 

10 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Trek up to Enterprise is so optimistic and thought provoking, while Picard is generically garbage. 

Whatever they do with Star Trek next I just hope they've got EVE Online space battles out of their system.  I don't want to see 5,000 ships onscreen again.

35 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Whatever they do with Star Trek next I just hope they've got EVE Online space battles out of their system.  I don't want to see 5,000 ships onscreen again.

I just need a bit more people in a room talking. With some lights if they can afford it. Battles of the mind as well as phasers. Wrestle with theological, humanistic and moral issues. And occasionally raise a smile.

Everything I've read so far indicates that it'll be much closer to TOS than anything and I'm good with that, I think there's room for both classic and Discovery Trek. Just no more Picard like trash.

I guess we'll have to see what comes from the next series of Discovery, Picard or the Pike show, Strange New Worlds. That could be good if it was Star Trek.