Sign in to follow this  
jazzygeofferz

That Star Trek thread somebody was talking about

21 minutes ago, hallicks said:

I saw an interview with the writers where they said they wished that had been the first film, it only took them two weeks to write whereas the screenplay for Generations took a year. 

That's how long it felt like to watch too.

There are too many tochoose from. Inner Light  is fantastic. All Good Things is a nice ending. Brannon Braga wrote some great episodes, buthe also wrote Sub Rosa. I might have to go with Chain Of Command. It's really dark, there's a lot of intrigue and David Warner is great as Gul Madred. His scenes with Picard are so chilling. He's such a good villain, then with the crew  having to deal withJellico's radically different, almost ruthless style. It's a fascinating watch.

15 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

It's defo The Inner Light.

Darmok for me.

We're 4 episodes in now, and it's a 10 episode run. It's going so slowly. The BDSM sibling pseudo-incest is tired, nothing happens unless Picard is involved. He's comfortably the best thing about the show, but byfar the worst non "JL" thing is the way they

announce during the titles that Jeri Ryan is a "special guest star" only for her to be in  the last 5 seconds of the episode. Leave the credit out this week so it's a surprise reveal, then start crediting her from the following episode?

There was a nice blink and you missit moment where Doctor Datasdaughter does a little head tilt like what her daddy usually does. I still get a horrible feeling that the first 20 minutes of the final episode will be them recapping the previous 9 followed by approximately 25 minutes of frantic nothing, and then a 5 minute denouement, or even worse it'll build to a ridiculous cliffhanger.

It's getting panned by the critics.Well, Patrick Stewart isn't, but everything else is.

BDSM sibling pseudo-incest is tired, nothing happens unless Picard is involved.

I think they've miscast a lot of the people in it. I agree on the pseudo-incest thing, it comes across as incredibly forced. Like someone thought that was what made Game Of thrones work.

Stewart is brilliant, but, with all Kurtzman stuff, I can't help thinking that once again this is being made by people who have never really watched Star Trek.

Second season should be better as the team on board is really good.

I wonder whether it'd be better if it was watched in two or three sessions rather than having to drag it out over 10 weeks? Maybe the pacing is suffering because of how long we have to wait between episodes. It's annoying that a lot of shows are made like this now. 

My main problem with it is that it's proper shite at the moment. Apart from Picard adopting a lost elf from LOTR, nothing happened in that episode, or at least nothing of any worth. Unbelievably crap dialogue, plodding story, wooden acting, 1D characters. The VFX are even annoying. 

Obviously I'll keep watching because I'm a wrestling fan.

Oh and as JG mentioned (😉) , way to telegraph the reveal at the end, lads. Horrendous. 

Edited by hallicks