UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs Tybura - Nov 18

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Yeah, main card was a right slog. Prelims were good though. Damien Brown vs Frank Camacho was fun and Lentz looked good submitting Will Brooks. Man, Brooks has been a total flop in the UFC, hasn't he? 

Highlight of the card for me though was the heavyweights Tai Tuivasa vs Rashad Coulter. I like this Tuivasa. Definitely got a little bit of that Mark Hunt quality about him. He looked sloppy early on, might've been ring rust, but that KO! Christ. Coulter's granite tough but that big jumping knee would've slept an elephant. Liked his post-fight interview as well. "IT'S ME AGAIN."

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoyed Brown v Camacho. Dont know if anyone else agrees but IMO UFC seem to be going overboard with the Fight Night main and prelims. I think they are weekly now til the end of the year broke up by a few PPVs in between and the TUF finale. When they drag on like this card did its more likely to get casual viewers to change the channel. 

Yeah, it was a hell of a slog sitting there live. Main event time I was praying for someone to get KOed, not because I wanted the action but because I wanted to go home.

Had fun during the prelims though. The debuts of Tuivasa and Kassem were great and Brown vs. Camacho was wild. On the main card, Volkanovski fought well- he turned down the aggression a notch because of the last minute opponent and admitted as much, and still provided more action than most of the main card. Nice that he gave Young props for being a top fighter as well. Enjoyed the co-main, thought it was a scrappy affair, and loved seeing Rawlings take that L. Hopefully Jessy Jess essentially replaces her on the roster, but given that flyweight is a new division and it was a split decision, Bec probably stays for another fight on the Perth prelims or something.

Asides from the fun prelims, the thing I enjoyed most about the show was my success in betting. Put $30 down in a multiplier for Lentz, Volkanovski, Theodorou, Matthews, Muhammed, and Jessy. Would have been a return of $2500, but got cold feet after Muhammed and cashed out, still for an excellent return of $1200 :D 

• Paid Members

Fucking felt like it.

Like I said though, the prelims were worth checking out. You can give the main card a miss though. It's not necessarily that there were so many decisions for me. Most of the best fights in UFC history went the distance when you think about it - Jones vs Gus, Hunt vs Bigfoot 1, Hendo vs Shogun 1 etc. But none of the fights on this main card were worth going out of your way to see. Not one. They weren't terrible, there's been way worse fights, but there was nothing particularly good either. If you missed the main card, you missed nothing really. 

But yeah, give the prelims a gander. At the very least the Camacho vs Brown and Tuivasa vs Coulter fights. 

• Paid Members
On 20/11/2017 at 7:58 PM, Really Big Shoe said:

Well that was worthwhile then. I think Dan Hardy said it was the longest UFC card in terms of cage time. Considering how many UFC cards they've been over the years I don't know if it's 100% correct but I guess it must be. 

that's not a tag a show wants...liked how Dan Hardy tried to cover it up by saying the fans got 'value for money' though, nice try Dan.

Means/Muhammad going the distance let me down for £78, i had 4 other picks right. The amount of times ive lost an MMA on a single bet is fucking ridiculous.

Like everyone said though, the main card was a ballache to watch and i did it in two sittings. One of the most uneventful shows in some time, possibly ever. One person who can really get to fuck is Elias Theodorou. Those weak ass, awkward kicks he threw all night got on my tits.

• Paid Members

Theodorou has fizzled out big time for me. I remember he looked really good in the TUF Nations finale, looked like he had tons of potential, then ever since he's just been a total dullard. And a smug as fuck one at that. There's little worse than unjustified smugness and he's oozing with it. 

Archived