UFC Fight Night: Cerrone vs Till - Oct 21

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

We may have just witnessed the launching pad for the greatest British MMA fighter ever. I loves a bit of hyperbole, but at only 24 Till is pretty solid and is only getting better.

It's interesting that Cowboy has now lost three in a row. Granted, losing to Masvadal and Lawler can happen to anyone in the division, but it will be interesting to see of this is the start of the slide for Cowboy.

Till made it look easy, which impressed me most.

• Paid Members

No one has ever schooled Cowboy like that. Pettis blew him away but Darren Till just schooled him, Cowboy was never in it. 

The UFC needs to make more fights like this, i feel like there's more fighters in the UFC that need to be matched up with ranked recognisable names, theres potential stars just waiting for the chance to prove it. Great stuff. Seeing two new stars in Till/Perry arguining at the end got my blood pumping.

Cowboy can come again, he needs to get his shit together and go back to 155lb though, he seemed small in there against Till. 

• Paid Members

I actually think I like Cerrone better at 170. I don't feel like he's small for the division. I think the Scouse Silverback just made him look small.

Seriously, Till is a massive welterweight isn't he? I've heard nothing about him struggling to get down to 170 but it's got to be a hard cut for him. If the Perry fight ever happens, and you'd assume it's got to at some point now, I can see Till's size and range giving Perry fits. We've all been saying for a while now 'Perry's exciting but with his style he's gonna get battered sooner or later'. Well, I get strong feeling that Till could be the fight where Perry gets his shit well and truly pushed in. 

• Paid Members

Just read this in Till's Wiki entry:

"Till was involved in a fight at a party in August 2012 and was stabbed twice in the back. It was a near death experience as the knife cut deep into his body, missing his main artery by an inch. After the incident his coach at that time advised him to go to Brazil to train"

Moving to Brazil because he got stabbed?! 

Till with a huge upset. The fight with Perry has the potential to be really something if he gets past Ponz and they get the hype machine behind it. Are both at the level it could be on a PPV or would it be more suited as the headliner of a Fight Night. I'm leaning toward Till vs Perry Fight Night in Liverpool. Darren Till has a lot of potential I think but say Perry beats him in Liverpool does it knock all the confidence out of him. The confidence aspect and belief he has is what makes him very Conor McGregor-esque.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Really Big Shoe said:

Till with a huge upset. The fight with Perry has the potential to be really something if he gets past Ponz and they get the hype machine behind it. Are both at the level it could be on a PPV or would it be more suited as the headliner of a Fight Night. I'm leaning toward Till vs Perry Fight Night in Liverpool. Darren Till has a lot of potential I think but say Perry beats him in Liverpool does it knock all the confidence out of him. The confidence aspect and belief he has is what makes him very Conor McGregor-esque.

That's the question that is asked about every undefeated fighter: how do they respond to losing the 0? It's always fascinating, and I personally always hope they have the heart to respond to it well when it happens.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

If the Perry fight  is in the UK it would be Till's first fight here.

Yeah, it's a funny one. The closest he's got was Dublin for the Dalby fight. He's far from your typical UK fighter. All his early fights were in Brazil and then he's spent his UFC career basically doing a European tour fighting in Poland, Holland and Sweden. It's time he fought on home soil. 

Actually, have the UFC ever been to Liverpool? They haven't, have they?  

1 hour ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

If the Perry fight  is in the UK it would be Till's first fight here.

As a pro, no he hasn't. He has fought here as an amateur and has a ton of Kickboxing fights here as well :) 

Amazing breakout performance by him. He could be a mega star in Liverpool. If the UFC finally gives us an event. We've been on the rumoured list for about ten years.

11 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah, it's a funny one. The closest he's got was Dublin for the Dalby fight. He's far from your typical UK fighter. All his early fights were in Brazil and then he's spent his UFC career basically doing a European tour fighting in Poland, Holland and Sweden. It's time he fought on home soil. 

Actually, have the UFC ever been to Liverpool? They haven't, have they?  

Nope. Theres a strong scene here too like boxing. Other Uk shows regularly running the Echo Arena. Some very good local gyms and a bunch of talent coming through.

Archived