Sign in to follow this  
Egg Shen

Minor News & Random Shit

Ian Freeman's book gave me a chuckle. A few months before reading it, a friend told me that Freeman had made a pillock out of himself at a Cage Warriors show. Apparently, he did a stand-up comedy routine, which died on its arse, and where he kept telling the crowd to "shut up, while I am talking".

Thus, I wasn't surprised that Freeman came across as a bit of a tosser in his book. I seem to recall almost every story in the book ends with him battering someone and coming across as the all-conquering hero. Although @wandshogun09 would probably enjoy the section about Frank Mir. Freeman utterly loathed him. 

Edited by jimufctna24

Ive got his book, i havent read it in years though. It was very much sold like a Roy Show tough guy book.

it appears that Vitor is taking advantage of the slack (ie. non-existent) drug rules in Japan...

Anthony Pettis is dropping back down to Lightweight for a fight with Diego Ferreira in January. I'm not overly surprised at the move back to LW, but the opponent caught me off guard.

I had Pettis pegged as only being after fights with some cache at this stage of the game, against fighters with similar levels of name value as himself. Fair play to him for taking this fight as the risk Vs reward scale looks to be tipped slightly towards the risk side. 

Edited by WeeAl

On 11/28/2019 at 2:18 AM, jimufctna24 said:

Ian Freeman's book gave me a chuckle. A few months before reading it, a friend told me that Freeman had made a pillock out of himself at a Cage Warriors show. Apparently, he did a stand-up comedy routine, which died on its arse, and where he kept telling the crowd to "shut up, while I am talking".

Thus, I wasn't surprised that Freeman came across as a bit of a tosser in his book. I seem to recall almost every story in the book ends with him battering someone and coming across as the all-conquering hero. Although @wandshogun09 would probably enjoy the section about Frank Mir. Freeman utterly loathed him. 

My lasting memory of Freeman will always be that he's a joyless git. I remember when UFC were doing the first Albert Hall event over here and Loaded or FHM ran interviews with him and Carlos Newton. The questons were what you'd expect at the time and they asked if either fighter could win against a bear. Freeman saw his arse, said he was a a legit fighter and didn't have to answer such stupid questions...Newton said he'd give it a go.

22 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

it appears that Vitor is taking advantage of the slack (ie. non-existent) drug rules in Japan...

And why not? He's getting nowhere without some help these days.