Minor News & Random Shit

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

i've gone through that reddit thread and it's all alot of talk without any real proof that it happened. Other than a blurry photo of him supposedly in the pub there's not a lot to go off.

The Daily Mail have posted something about the incident which summarieses what little is known:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5124165/Police-say-aware-McGregor-fight-claims.html

It's such a shame though. I imagine there's a huge portion of Conor's fanbase who are lapping this up, they love the celebrity antics and the no-fucks-given attitude, but to the remaining fan base who became fans through his actual MMA career it's sad to see. I think everyone initially got drawn to Conor because despite being a quality fighter and knowing how to play the media game better than anyone there was always a sense that underneath all that he was a decent guy, loyal to his team and family that just came good, i think that's what endeared him to so many people...having said that, that reddit thread will make you think twice about any of that (you have to take all claims with a pinch of salt though).

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

i've gone through that reddit thread and it's all alot of talk without any real proof that it happened. Other than a blurry photo of him supposedly in the pub there's not a lot to go off.

The Daily Mail have posted something about the incident which summarieses what little is known:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5124165/Police-say-aware-McGregor-fight-claims.html

It's such a shame though. I imagine there's a huge portion of Conor's fanbase who are lapping this up, they love the celebrity antics and the no-fucks-given attitude, but to the remaining fan base who became fans through his actual MMA career it's sad to see. I think everyone initially got drawn to Conor because despite being a quality fighter and knowing how to play the media game better than anyone there was always a sense that underneath all that he was a decent guy, loyal to his team and family that just came good, i think that's what endeared him to so many people...having said that, that reddit thread will make you think twice about any of that (you have to take all claims with a pinch of salt though).

Yeah, there’s definitely something to this. Whilst it was the fun fighting style, brilliant promos and ability to sell fights that made him so much fun, it also helped that he seemed super down to Earth behind the kayfabe. I remember the few times I met Conor, he was the soundest guy on the planet. Had time for everyone and couldn’t have seemed more genuinely thrilled to interact with the fans.

Fuck me though. He seems to have become an absolute bell-end this last six months. Like he’s let it all go to his head and has completely become the character he was portraying. In his new film, before the second Diaz fight, he talks about how the, “illusion of madness,” most now stop to ensure he goes into the cage as a calm, professional athlete. That seems like a life time ago now though. There is no illusion anymore. He seems like a coked up maniac who’s going to either overdose, or get himself shot by some drug lord. 

• Paid Members

just read this, from the Irish Central website:

The McGregor incident has set social media and other online forums alight. There are many wild and weird rumors, including theories that McGregor is currently hiding in Lanzarote while his father is meeting with the Kinahans to work out a protection deal. There are claims that the gang is seeking $900k for McGregor’s family’s safety. Others counter-protest that the whole melée started because McGregor had stood up for a member of the Kinahan gang a few weeks back and is friendly with several of its members, having grown up in the same area.

barmy.

• Paid Members

You could hear him (I know you can't Matrix) there as he's walking out saying something like 'I thought I was supposed to be in Lanzarote?'. And then someone asked him about the 'threats on his life'. I'm guessing that's probably why he's saying 'come and get me'

He looks a right fucking idiot in that clip. Definitely seems like he's started living the gimmick away from the cage and thinking he's untouchable. Can see the McGregor story ending badly unless he somehow wises up overnight someday soon. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Isn't it classic pro wrestling to reach a peak as a babyface and then heel turn? The man is a genius at keeping himself relevant and on top of the sport.*

* Or he's become a massive twat and all the money and fame has got to him.

Quotes from Conor's Dad.

I have picked out the best bits of the article. The link to the full article is below, 

He told the Irish Mirror: "It’s an absolute nonsense story. It’s grown legs and it’s getting that ridiculous – it’s become funny. "We have nothing to fear here whatsoever. There’s no one after us for anything." Conor was filmed leaving court today after being slapped with a £350 speeding fine.

But dad Tony said: "We’re a law-abiding family and we’ve stayed a law-abiding family.”As a matter of fact, right now I’m going out to buy my TV licence."I’d view 95 per cent of that story as nonsense and the other 5 per cent is overly exaggerated. And that’s it." He said Conor was with his partner Dee Devlin and son Conor Jr, born in May, and that the family were settling down for a quiet Christmas. Tony's rebuttal comes after UFC boss Dana White said he was unconvinced by the fight rumours. He said yesterday: "I don’t think it’s true, because if it was true, it would be big. Conor can walk down the street and it’s big news now. If this were true, I just have to believe it would be off-the-charts crazy".

The bolded did give me a chuckle

Full article - https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5033802/conor-mcgregor-gangster-pub-brawl-nonsense-response-brave/

Edited by jimufctna24