Minor News & Random Shit

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

heads up...

Not MMA related but there is a weird crossover between the two. The Worlds Strongest Man 2018 series is now streaming on My5. The main shows haven't started yet but i think new ones air daily. An Egg Shen Christmas tradition, im working my way through it despite knowing the results of the grand finals already.

• Paid Members

I seem to be struggling to find the episodes on My 5. All I can find is the WSM behind the Scenes documentaries from past years. I'm looking in the 5 Spike section. Have they begun showing the 2018 Heats?

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members

I haven't managed to find the time to watch much of this. A cousin did mention yesterday that there is a WWE guy in this years WSM competition. T Rex is the guys name. Can anyone confirm or deny this claim?

I'm going to try and catch up with it today.

https://www.channel5.com/show/worlds-strongest-man-2018

Not sure if this needs to be split off into Off Topic @Egg Shen.

• Paid Members

I'm usually well on top of watching the WSM competition every Christmas/New Year, but this year I've only seen the first heat so far. Looking forward to watching the rest, despite knowing the result. I'll possibly get a chance this weekend to view them all on 5 on-demand.

• Paid Members

Tying this back into MMA, anyone seen much of Mariusz Pudzianowski lately? I kept up with the big bastard’s career when he first jumped into MMA but completely lost track somewhere along the line. Looking up his record now, he’s still going in KSW, 12-6-1 and got kimurad in a round in his last fight in June.

Has a few wins over names I recognise though like Rolles Gracie, Pawel Nastula (fought Big Nog and Barnett in Pride), Sean McCorkle, Butterbean (!) and of course Bob Sapp. Surprised Rizin haven’t got on the old dog and bone to him yet. He’d be perfect for them. Not even going to pretend I wouldn’t plan my day around a Pudzianowski vs Gabi Garcia fight. 

82FFF6CD-643C-489A-9182-72EC81939290.jpeg

Imagine if they had a kid?! 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

of all the weird moves into MMA other fighters made, Pudz has to be one of the most credible. The guy is an absolute superstar in Poland and is likely minted but to have fought 19 times and taken on all sorts of names is a testament to how seriously he takes it. Beats a lot of the no-hopers who stepped by for a single fight or two and got out of dodge as quickly as they entered. Props to Pudz.

• Paid Members

uh oh...

by going off social media it looks like the seeds are being sewn for Tito Ortiz/Chael Sonnen 2.

Dunno if Chael is still with Bellator, but if Golden Boy are to do a second MMA show its that one isnt it?

• Paid Members
On 1/8/2019 at 5:46 AM, Egg Shen said:

uh oh...

by going off social media it looks like the seeds are being sewn for Tito Ortiz/Chael Sonnen 2.

Dunno if Chael is still with Bellator, but if Golden Boy are to do a second MMA show its that one isnt it?

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/1/10/18176646/morning-report-despite-retirement-tito-ortiz-planning-a-rematch-with-chael-sonnen

It seems like Bellator is the landing spot for the re-match, if it is to happen. Tito is pushing for it to be at MSG. As well as that, he insists that he is still retired even though he just fought Chuck, and is going to fight Sonnen. He seems to think because he was called out, that if he answers the challenge then he isn't breaking his retirement. Tito's gonna' Tito.