Minor News & Random Shit

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Got the idea to this after visiting the Sherdog boards the other day. I know the Sherdog boards are a breeding ground for cretins but it is a place where you find out loads of little tidbits of news that usually bypasses the standard MMA news sites or if it's posted passes with little fan-fair. I didn't wanna clog up the news thread with stuff so i thought i'd create a different thread to post minor news/fight announcements that i come across that some of you may find interesting, im a sucker for useless infomation so this kind of stuff interests me, so here we go...

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

* Alexander Emelianenko's first fight since coming out of prison is on 27th September, he's fighting Geronimo Dos Santos in the WFCA promotion in Russia.

* KSW's main and co-main event's are set for the Dublin show on 22nd October, main event is between Mariusz Pudzianowski and UKFF favorite James McSweeney. Co-main is a KSW rematch between Norman Parke and Mateusz Gamrot (Gamrot beat Parke by Decision in May).

487www_pl_Pudzian_McSweeney.jpg

* Brennan Ward/Dave Rickles are fighting each at Bellator 185.

* Zack Makovsky has signed with ACB and is headlining a show they are putting on in Canada on October, he's fighting some bloke called Yoni Sherbatov. Thiago Tavares is also on the card. ACB is random as fuck.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Speaking of ACB being random...

* There's another ACB show in the UK next weekend in Sheffield (i'll probably stick this in the UK thread in the week because i plan on watching it), but the main event is Luke Barnatt vs. Scott Askham. I wasn't even aware that the UFC had released Askham, but that's about as good a domestic 185lb fight as you're gonna get outside of the UFC.

battle-of-britain-acb-poster.jpg

19 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

* KSW's main and co-main event's are set for the Dublin show on 22nd October, main event is between Mariusz Pudzianowski and UKFF favorite James McSweeney. Co-main is a KSW rematch between Norman Parke and Mateusz Gamrot (Gamrot beat Parke by Decision in May).

487www_pl_Pudzian_McSweeney.jpg

I'm actually thinking of heading over for this if tickets are priced reasonably. Wouldn't mind being able to tell the grandkids that I was there to see the arsehole that is James McSweeney get smashed to bits by a jacked up boydbuilder.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, David said:

I'm actually thinking of heading over for this if tickets are priced reasonably. Wouldn't mind being able to tell the grandkids that I was there to see the arsehole that is James McSweeney get smashed to bits by a jacked up boydbuilder.

think tickets were around UFC prices for London, they sold out Wembley Arena pretty quick too.

• Paid Members

Julian Lane is the latest MMA fighter to sign with BKB (Bare Knuckle Boxing) in the UK. He's signed on to fight Jimmy Sweeney (fresh over a win over Melvin Guillard).

21765124_1833262990320227_57832976196333

Ex-UFC Light Heavyweight Goran Reljic is also with the promotion and holds their Light Heavyweight Title.

• Paid Members

So the girl folk are out of the house for a bit and I'm watching Bunce's Boxing Hour with a cup of tea and a bacon sandwich. I'm having a nice time. What could possibly ruin this? 

image.jpg

He was promoting tonight's Barnatt-Askham ACB show, by the way. He's not crossing over to fight Anthony Joshua. Although I wish he was.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

His interview with Bunce was OK to be fair. And I've always gave him his due as a commentator. I still think he's one of the best in the game at that. But it's just his face and whole smug demeanour. I can't help wanting to see him get twatted. 

He's saying that he's hoping to fight for both Bellator and ACB soon. 

• Paid Members

Frank Shamrock is facing Kazushi Sakuraba in Rizin on October 14th...under grappling rules.

15 years ago it would have been the biggest fight in the sport, i like the grappling rules fights Rizin are adding to their shows though, it beats seeing Sakuraba beaten to a pulp.