I know (bad thing) was mostly bad, but at least (good thing)...

dopper

• Paid Members

The Aces & Eights thing could've worked if they hadn't just done the same fucking thing over and over again. Was as bad as the Invasion - just interference after interference, no real change, no different angles, nothing. Was initially intriguing, but went nowhere. That's provided you got past the idea that these guys all suddenly were bike enthusiasts forming a biker gang, after years of never giving any of that away.

• Paid Members

Bully Ray holding the belt to Bound For Glory and losing it to company hero AJ Styles would have been a decent thought process. Except they inexplicably put a Chris Sabin (really??) reign in the middle, and AJ was leaving.

• Paid Members
On 16/09/2017 at 12:23 AM, Carbomb said:

The Aces & Eights thing could've worked if they hadn't just done the same fucking thing over and over again. Was as bad as the Invasion - just interference after interference, no real change, no different angles, nothing. Was initially intriguing, but went nowhere. That's provided you got past the idea that these guys all suddenly were bike enthusiasts forming a biker gang, after years of never giving any of that away.

I think the biggest problem was that they changed creative teams mid way through. It was great until Prichard left.

I've always thought that the original plan was for it to be Bischoff and/or Jarrett's way back into TNA, and that they'd unmask when Aces and Eights won the match that gave their members "Free Access" (or whatever). There was a lot of foreshadowing that Joseph Parks would be involved as well but instead we got D-Von and things just fell apart after that.

They really should've kept some of the guys masked as well. Mike Knoxx is great in the ring but it was embarrassing listening to Mike Tenay try and sell him as a superstar when he got unmasked. He had far more upside as a mysterious masked biker than an ex-WWE jobber.

• Paid Members

I think I've remembered a good one. The fake Razor & Diesel angle was unbelievably shitty but the Jim Ross "shoot" inteview to kick of Razor's "return" was absolutely brilliant. I enjoyed that when I didn't even know everything he said was true.

• Paid Members
On 9/16/2017 at 12:23 AM, Carbomb said:

Finding out Nicole Bass was really the son of Gerald Briscoe threw me off a little.

Archived