PROGRESS WEMBLEY: Biggest UK Indie show ever?

zahidf

• Paid Members

Yep, they said today:

"At the time of writing, seats are still available in blocks N14, S14 and all the D blocks. The floor is entirely sold out and most of the S and N blocks too. "

Tough to tell exactly as they have a non-standard floor setup, but it looks like somewhere between three and four thousand sold to me.

[That's assuming all the lower tier seats were opened up for sale, but I'm not certain about that.]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Yep, they said today:

"At the time of writing, seats are still available in blocks N14, S14 and all the D blocks. The floor is entirely sold out and most of the S and N blocks too. "

Tough to tell exactly as they have a non-standard floor setup, but it looks like somewhere between three and four thousand sold to me.

[That's assuming all the lower tier seats were opened up for sale, but I'm not certain about that.]

they said all tics on the floor were onsale in the presale

It may prove best to wait to  get better seats in future block releases than getting what is available now. 

Quite gutted that yesterday I had a row 7 ticket but released them in the hope of getting something in the top two pricing tiers. Lesson learnt for next time! 

I'm sure they've done all sorts of wonderful things, but my first impressions of Progress from the handling of this aren't great, to be honest. Hopefully the show proves worth it in the end.

I'm referring to their communication, which is 100% within their control. I guess their success and reputation led me to assume their customer service would be more refined, but maybe that's part of their appeal? I've just gone along with the hype on blind faith really.

Usually with these events (everyone including WWE do this) they sell tickets in a way where people think its sold out so buy any seat and then gradually release better seats nearer the time which are likely to be bought. Thats not a fault of Progress though, its a smart way to sell out an arena. Sell the hot seats you know your fanbase will buy, then the not so good seats people will buy thinking no more seats are left, sell a few more good seats once the line up is announced and if need be sell cheaper tickets in the upper tiers/seats further away nearer the time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/09/2017 at 7:18 PM, Briefcase said:

Usually with these events (everyone including WWE do this) they sell tickets in a way where people think its sold out so buy any seat and then gradually release better seats nearer the time which are likely to be bought. Thats not a fault of Progress though, its a smart way to sell out an arena. Sell the hot seats you know your fanbase will buy, then the not so good seats people will buy thinking no more seats are left, sell a few more good seats once the line up is announced and if need be sell cheaper tickets in the upper tiers/seats further away nearer the time.

They said they were going to out x number of seats on sale (I think it was 2000 iirc) but with  the layout, if those sold well they would then add further blocks and keep building outwards. 

Archived