PROGRESS WEMBLEY: Biggest UK Indie show ever?

zahidf

• Paid Members

I guess it depends which market you compare it to. I presume it's expensive for a Britwres show (then again, it is a massive and potentially historic show at Wembley), but it's certainly not expensive for an event at a major London arena at all. I paid almost triple that to see Impractical Jokers (which was shit, although a much more recognisable brand) and about Ā£50 per ticket to see a bunch of guys dressed up as Marvel superheroes at the o2 (which was pretty awesome).

How much did WWA charge back in the day? I went to the Wembley Arena show, but can't remember how much I paid. It was probably a similar amount, and that was 15 years ago.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I guess it depends which market you compare it to. I presume it's expensive for a Britwres show (then again, it is a massive and potentially historic show at Wembley), but it's certainly not expensive for an event at a major London arena at all. I paid almost triple that to see Impractical Jokers (which was shit, although a much more recognisable brand) and about Ā£50 per ticket to see a bunch of guys dressed up as Marvel superheroes at the o2 (which was pretty awesome).

How much did WWA charge back in the day? I went to the Wembley Arena show, but can't remember how much I paid. It was probably a similar amount, and that was 15 years ago.

Depends on the Brit-Wres show. Its roughly the same price as PROGRESS Ally Pally, bit more than something like Rev Pro at York Hall, and a lot less than ROH at York Hall. If your comparing it to Rev Pro at Cockpit, Progress at Ballroom or OTT, its more, but then as you say, its an arena market really

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Depends on the Brit-Wres show. Its roughly the same price as PROGRESS Ally Pally, bit more than something like Rev Pro at York Hall, and a lot less than ROH at York Hall. If your comparing it to Rev Pro at Cockpit, Progress at Ballroom or OTT, its more, but then as you say, its an arena market really

Seating is same as ICW fear and loathing, so I would say reasonable. I am sure if they wanted to they could have charged more for front 5 rows,

3 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Seating is same as ICW fear and loathing, so I would say reasonable. I am sure if they wanted to they could have charged more for front 5 rows,

Yeah, I was worried it'd be 75 pounds front row and n extra 10 pounds more than the actual price they are chargingĀ for the rest

12 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

A4, Row 6. I'm happy enough with, although it didn't seem to want to allow me to choose which Block I wanted like it said it would in the FAQs

I'll be in the row behind you, cursing your novelty headgear.

• Paid Members

Not especially. They'll use the odd import now and then (but ones that fit the promotion such as Matt Riddle rather than big names just to draw), but they definitely focus on British talent. They're very similar to ICW in that respect.Ā 

I think they'll do good numbers. As others have mentioned, they sell out decent venues (Ally Pally, Brixton Academy) VERY quickly.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

A4, Row 6. I'm happy enough with, although it didn't seem to want to allow me to choose which Block I wanted like it said it would in the FAQs

I didn't realise until way too late you could select a block on the picture map of the arena instead of selecting one ofĀ the price range options. Annoyed as I wanted a decent tiered seat and sections level with the ring were gone when I noticed.

I'd tried it as I figured that what the map was for, but it didn't seem to do anything. I was hoping to get something in C1 as I like a side on view, but that block either went very quickly, or wasn't on sale at all so made do with what I got. I'm just happy to finally have a ticket to a Progress show and looking forward to making a weekend of it down south

Floor totally sold, and most of the lower tier gone already, on one day of PRE SALE, with no matches announced, a year out.

Based on current sale rate, the lower tier will probably sell out within a few days of general sale, and then they will expand out with another release to the outer tiers.

Archived