New WWE Developmental Signee, Former Super League Player: Luke Menzies

TFDH

Now twenty-eight with a career that has lasted over a decade across a plethora of clubs, he admits to feeling short-changed; messed around by backroom politics. He feels his progress was curtailed by clubs who took advantage when he wasn’t mature enough to understand. This is in addition to a career on the field which was blighted by numerous injuries.

Of course nothing like that will happen in the wrestling business...

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BrodyGraham said:

Wonder if he winds up on Progress shows in the near future?

I doubt it- he clearly needs a shitload of training at the development centre and I can't see that he'd be a pull to bring in more casual fans for Progress. I have never heard of him, the only Super League player I can name you is/was Martin Offiah.

He's been plagued by injuries his whole career, having only played 8 games in the last 3 seasons (he's only played once this year) and he only played 5 times for Hull KR and 3 games for Salford and that is his Super League career, he's spent the rest of his career at various Championship & League 1 clubs.

I hope it works out for him though

• Paid Members

I saw this bloke hanging around the last FutureShock Wrestling show in Manchester a couple of weeks ago. He was sat with Marty Jones, who I believe has been training him.

He's actually wrestling on the next TIDAL Wrestling show in Leeds next month that I'm off to, so should be able to get more of a read on him then.

EDIT: Just seen he's on the next 3CW show in Northallerton that I might be at in a couple of weeks too, so he's getting out on shows. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I doubt it- he clearly needs a shitload of training at the development centre and I can't see that he'd be a pull to bring in more casual fans for Progress. I have never heard of him, the only Super League player I can name you is/was Martin Offiah.

You are such a stereotype. I bet you've paid £6.50 for a sausage roll.

19 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Freedom's Road then? Progress don't need to use new guys to pull in casuals, but if they can semi regularly put him in front of 200 to 700 people that would give him the 'experience' that he'd need to justify going to Florida. They'd be scratching Regal's back which would pay dividends in, say a year's time.

Stick him on Cruz as a bodyguard or summat. I'm not sure he'd be able to do the camps now Shane/ NGW has them. I'd imagine the WOS connection to that setup would have them essentially persona non grata for the moment.

Although that said the spate of loan outs they've done recently including letting Conners do the WCPW World Cup would suggest they're being fairly liberal over here.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

Freedom's Road then? Progress don't need to use new guys to pull in casuals, but if they can semi regularly put him in front of 200 to 700 people that would give him the 'experience' that he'd need to justify going to Florida. They'd be scratching Regal's back which would pay dividends in, say a year's time.

But why though? They've signed him to a developmental contract, so they will send him to their state of the art performance centre in Florida- where they feel is the best place for wrestlers to develop. They have guys of varying experience there- they are assigned to different classes under different trainers. The development guys will be at the centre everyday and then doing local shows in Florida. If they wanted him to stay here and start doing indy shows, they wouldn't have signed him.

Archived