Weird stuff people cheer

tiger_rick

7 hours ago, Statto said:

Fans quite often cheer male babyfaces forcing kisses on female heels to this day.

Actually, forced kisses always seem to get a pop, regardless of the gender/orientation of the perpetrator.

I get what your saying, and you're right, but I'm sure there was an angle were a guy had her down on her back and simulating thrusting. I want to say Larry Sweeney was involved

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I get what your saying, and you're right, but I'm sure there was an angle were a guy had her down on her back and simulating thrusting. I want to say Larry Sweeney was involved

Oh, I wasn't disagreeing/tempering your point in the slightest.

I was just noting any kind of forced sexual contact as a weird thing the wrestling fans cheer on the regular.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Refused said:

Sandman beating up the mentally handicapped Eugene comes to mind. 

I'll be honest, I don't put that in the same category. While a lot of stuff discussed is reprehensible in storyline terms, and is weird that it elicited cheers, that segment played out like a "breaking the fourth wall" thing for me where the ECW fans, renowned historically for despising the lame bullshit characters of the WWF/E get given a treat. The lamest, most bullshit character on the roster gets wheeled out, and one of their heroes beats the shit out of him. I don't think it was "cheer the retard getting beaten up" so much as, so much as a symbolic "screw Sports Entertainment" / "politically incorrect and damn proud of it" blah blah little moment to get Sandy involved in the show. The Eugene experiment was basically over at this point, struck me as being getting one last use out of him the way 911 used to chokeslam people out the door.

In comparison, last night I rewatched for the first time, Austin going psychotic on Lita. Not only would that have been a candidate for "who cheers this?" but I found it a bit disturbing, and I'm not easily ruffled by rasslin.

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 0:18 PM, Snitsky's back acne said:

I remember Raven doing that. He was proving that some fans really will cheer anything to feel like they are a part of the show.

yep, without watching it back im trying to remember the other ones he used.

• Paid Members
On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:42 AM, air_raid said:

In comparison, last night I rewatched for the first time, Austin going psychotic on Lita. Not only would that have been a candidate for "who cheers this?" but I found it a bit disturbing, and I'm not easily ruffled by rasslin.

That was when they were trying everything to get Austin over as a heel, wasn't it? What I find even weirder is the time he hit Stacy Keibler with a Stunner for no reason at all, while he was a retired babyface, and quite possibly post-domestic violence arrest. What a fucking mess the arse end of the Attitude era was for stuff like that.

Archived