Weird stuff people cheer

tiger_rick

12 minutes ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

A barmaid smashing a glass in a pub.

People cheering when a plane makes a successful landing

Oh hang-on we are on-topic aren't we. Jerry Lawler calling Goldust a faggot which sent the crowd wild made me feel a tad uneasy. 

Similarly the pop when Billy and Chuck said they weren't gay.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Briefcase said:

Adding to this people doing chants about someone who is not even on the show, Punk is a good example. Woo (Flair) is another. What?! as well. 

1. It's annoying and comes across like fans putting themselves over.

2. It's disrespectful to the talent on the shows today. 

I don't think WOOOOOOing when chops are done is a problem. It's the done thing now and wrestlers seem to expect it and sometimes play up to it. I certainly wouldn't call it disrespectful.

The whole ' Wrestling' chant getting pops. Not been to a show for a bit but was  WRESTLING!  then pop...  

Aside from that pretty much the entire back catalogue of Mad Man Manson, completely unfurling wrestling, yet all the cheers, and miss that lovable sod in the ring to this day #Imondavemastiff

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Rob Lowe said:

"My name is Paul Heyman..."

The repeating stuff enrages me. Catchphrases are fine, but i feel like Heyman has cut the same promo for 5+ years. Enzo has only been on the main roster 18 months right? Feels like a lot longer.

what's worse is that people actually say it along with Heyman now. He's the most overrated promo in the business for me (his recent work).

12 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

I don't think WOOOOOOing when chops are done is a problem. It's the done thing now and wrestlers seem to expect it and sometimes play up to it. I certainly wouldn't call it disrespectful.

I didn't even think of the chopping thing, I meant in general. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

ROH had that time when the fans were cheering an implied rape wasn't there? I want to say Alison Danger was the person in question, but can't for the life of me remember what male stars were involved

Fans quite often cheer male babyfaces forcing kisses on female heels to this day.

Actually, forced kisses always seem to get a pop, regardless of the gender/orientation of the perpetrator.

Archived