Stables

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I wouldn't want WWE to bring in anything like a six-man tag title, because they can rarely book divisions well enough as it is. Though I suppose it adds a slight twist to the usual "can they co-exist?!" odd couple tag title reign if there's three people to factor in rather than just two, or gives scope for stories with a tag team looking for a third partner, or whatever.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The thing about divisions in general is, I've noticed, one or two always do well at the expense of others in terms of booking; it doesn't seem possible to book all of them to capture the attention well enough at the same time. At least one division will get put on the back-burner, so I guess it becomes a matter of knowing which ones to juggle so that no one division ever gets left for long. TNA is crap, but there was a point where they weren't too bad at generating interest in specific divisions; I remember them pushing the tag division with Team 3D heading it up as the "veterans who wanted to give something back", which wasn't bad. When they did this, however, the X-Division went a bit quiet, and, later, when the X-Division got a bit of prominence, the tag division seemed to regress a bit.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It'd be a bit more differentiation between the brands.

That's true, which is why I said before I think WWE might be the only company large enough to pull it off. That said, it's about more than just the size of the roster; they'd have to build up more interest in a 6-man tag division, and build up a "culture" of it becoming a regular thing on whichever show it's on, and being part of storylines, as opposed to just being an incidental element.

My Hasbro fed had a Triple Threat Title, defended only in, well, triple threat matches. I'd just seen Faarooq vs Savio vs Crush and assumed it was a brand new dawn in the WWF.

Realistically though there's only so much you could do with it, creatively, especially once it's been established just how easy it is for two allies to rob the champ of the title.

• Paid Members

Kinda like what TNA did with the X Division for a bit during the Hogoff era - all title matches were 3-ways, and the wrestler who DIDN'T take the pinfall/submission automatically got entry to the next title match.

Lasted about 3 months at most, IIRC.

Archived