UFC 216: Ferguson vs Lee

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Besides the copyright, DJ doesn't want to be known as Might Mouse as it's not exactly some killer name and wants to be known as Mighty now (so not a Reebok mistake). I assume Mighty Mouse was a name he got in school and not something he chose like  Iceman, Pitbull, Rush or Notorious etc.

• Paid Members

A nickname should never be something you choose for yourself. That's how you end up with shite like Rory MacDonald's 'Red King' (which I still don't know what the fuck a 'Red King' is supposed to be), cringeworthy wordplay like Kevin 'The Fire' Burns and generic bollocks like 'Pitbull'. A nickname should be something that's bestowed upon you and you deal with the consequences. Like an STD. 

3 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

A nickname should never be something you choose for yourself. That's how you end up with shite like Rory MacDonald's 'Red King' (which I still don't know what the fuck a 'Red King' is supposed to be), cringeworthy wordplay like Kevin 'The Fire' Burns and generic bollocks like 'Pitbull'. A nickname should be something that's bestowed upon you and you deal with the consequences. Like an STD. 

Sure but he doesn't even want the name, he wants taking more seriously. If some top fighter was nicknamed shitty pants or something in school, then he wouldn't be expected to keep it, why would one of the best fighters in the world want to be called a school nickname.

Red King doesn't really make sense Mighty does.

• Paid Members

I get all that but when you nickname yourself 'Mighty' Johnson is it any better? Now you sound like a big dick. Pun intended. 

I just don't get why the nickname has become an issue now. Why now? He's been Mighty Mouse forever. He might be the best fighter in the sport right now, how much more seriously are people going to take him without the 'Mouse'? If, as you say, he didn't want the name then maybe he shouldn't have had Bruce Buffer shout it on telly and PPV every time he fought for fucking years on end. It kind of tends to stick then. 

Archived